Menu
Where has all my RMB gone?
Apr 20, 2008 20:35
  • MARRIE
BARONWA, nice ex. Rate (14/1) for you living in china earning in British Pound. Dave, the day of Chinese manufacturing collapse is the day of the establishment of Chinese service industry. Don’t worry about devaluation of BP. At that time, your realest assets in London will keep the purchasing power. As for your cash assets, hope you guys still can back and forth between UK and China to keep the intrinsic value using the hedging method I mentioned.
Apr 21, 2008 01:18
  • DAVEC
Back and forth, not for too long I hope. My plan was to move over to China but the job situation has put that back a bit now.

As for Coventry, most definately no, I have been there and ........ damn, its not for me.

I will be on a plane thursday, coming to China again for 3 weeks. Is China ready for me to visit?
Apr 21, 2008 05:46
Dave, have a good trip, I envy you mate.
I don't blame you giving Coventry a miss, I wouldn't fancy that myself.
Alan
Apr 21, 2008 16:49
  • DAVEC
I hope to have a good trip, if everything goes to plan and I have blue skies this time I will be happy.
See you all in about 3 weeks and 5000 photos later.
Apr 21, 2008 21:43
  • BARONTWANGLE
Blue skies in China?! Has that ever happened? By the way guys - the Coventry suggestion wasn't serious - it was about the most depressing place I could think of.

Have a good trip Dave, but remember to crop the monotonous grey skies out of all your images.

Apr 28, 2008 23:29
  • DAVEC
Its all ok everyone, my RMB is not that bad. Ok, I might have a few less than last year but it is still going a long long way.

2 bottles of water, 1 sprite, 1 coke, 2 cakes and some noodles = £1

This to me is a much better way of looking at the exchange rate.
Apr 29, 2008 01:11
Glad it's working out for you Dave, I still bloody envy you though, like you my job prospects are not looking too good at the moment, my company are trying to find me another site, which
is not easy as not all sites require a full time supervisor / building manager.
Alan
Apr 29, 2008 03:48
  • DAVEC
Dont worry Alan, things have a habit of working themselves out, I believe everything happens for a reason.

My current trip to China has been much more relaxed and I am enjoying every day, I thought that not having a job to go back to would play on my mind but infact it has helped me chill out. After all, if I dont catch my flight home on times who cares, if I decide to stay an extra month who cares, life is to short to worry.

As someone told me once, worrrying is like being in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but you get nowhere.
Apr 29, 2008 04:09
  • DODGER
Alan,
good luck with the job hunting.
Dave, have a great trip.
Cheers, Dodger.
Apr 29, 2008 09:22
  • JCNILE123
(((As someone told me once, worrying is like being in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but you get nowhere.)))

Was that Confucius? He, he,

Have a nice trip!
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Where has all my RMB gone?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code