Menu
light clothing for travel
Apr 11, 2008 04:45
  • PETERSEAFORD
G'day i did the usual and took jeans and tee shirts plus heavy North Face rain coat - weight on aircraft always a problem. discovered that there are light trousers that drip dry overnight - tee shirts that are windproof and dripdry overnight as well as light rain jackets that are wind proof and fold up very small and light.

where can i buy this gear - here in australia anything like that is priced through the roof.

tried at shops in Shanghai without luck but thought i did see that sort of gear in the Pearl or Silk market in Beijing but did not get it then - silly boy.

has anybody any contact that i might try

regards peter
Apr 11, 2008 09:30
  • GRIZ326
Really?

I have a number of pants that dry quickly, but as light as they are - they are very hot and feel sticky to wear. If you find something good, please post it.
Apr 17, 2008 11:16
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
Cotton-based trousers with ripstop sewing would be the best. They are cool but dry really fast.

Where to buy? Big cities usually have authentic Columbia and North Face products for sale, but they can be very expensive. What about the popular fake markets in Shanghai? I noticed, however, that fake markets (and most shops) usually sell only clothes that match the season, so jacket choice--even light ones--maybe limited now that it has warmed up.

Check out sports stores and ask a local friend to search taobao.com as well.
Post a Reply to: light clothing for travel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code