Menu
Beijingren: Will you stay during the Olympics?
Apr 15, 2008 08:05
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
I know it sounds crazy, but I have many foreign and Chinese friends leaving Beijing during the Olympics. I'm personally am excited and have signed up as a volunteer--hopefully I get a spot at an interesting venue. =)

However, there's a part of me that's wondering how bad the traffic and the crowds will be. If you are a Beijingren, you know how bad it is already. I'm sure the new subway lines will help, but will they be enough?

So, will you stay for the Olympics?
Apr 15, 2008 08:24
  • JABAROOTOO
I don't live in Beijing but I don't plan to be in China this summer because there will be the biggest influx of tourist that the country has ever seen. I got my ticket out really early so I don't miss out. Going somewhere quiet.

It's bad enough here during normal peak periods but the thought of being in Beijing for the Olympics....................................well it leaves me wondering.....................

Good luck with your quest to volunteer
Apr 16, 2008 00:33
GUEST18107 It sounds like the place will be overrun with people and not that much fun, because of line-ups and even dirtier washrooms than usual... What a nightmare, I wouldn't stick around.
Post a Reply to: Beijingren: Will you stay during the Olympics?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code