Menu
Do you usually haggle when shopping?
Apr 18, 2008 03:21
guest3256 Do you like shopping? Do you usually haggle over the price? Are you a good bargainer? The current businesses set a surprisingly high price for their mediocre goods. Do not pay the advertised price, try to bargain. Be careful! Some salesmen are eloquent beyond your expectation. The marketing skills may lead you astray. Try to tell them “I don’t mean to buy your stuff.
Apr 20, 2008 23:20
  • ICEBLUE
I, sometimes,haggle over the price. If I really like the goods, I will harden my mind to buy them no matter how much discount the shopowners can offer.
Apr 20, 2008 23:25
  • GARYKINKADE
A good bargainer?...No, the merchant can see the word "sucker" on my forehead.
Apr 21, 2008 21:53
  • LEONARDO
One of my teacher in the university said: women are good at haggling. Men care too much about "face issue"(or vanity). Is "haggling over prices" equal to "you are not rich"? I don't think that way so I often haggle.
Apr 22, 2008 03:48
  • ALICIAYIYI
I am not good at bargaining, so i usually go to the franchise stores.
Apr 22, 2008 21:10
  • KATRINA
It is interesting to haggle over the price! You can enjoy the fun of talking somebody into lowering the price.
May 9, 2008 01:04
  • JINGJING
must to haggle,business man are greedy ,they make profit
May 9, 2008 22:34
  • JCNILE123
Jingjing,

Please have mercy on the poor merchant.

He, he,
May 10, 2008 10:09
  • LESBUB
My wife will haggle until "blue in the face", sometimes to the point of despair, I know she wants to pay a fair price but just sometimes I wish she'd give in! I feel so sorry for the shop keeper!
May 11, 2008 10:07
  • ROOSEN8
I would like to know a little about the prices, been travelling around in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia and find China more expensive then I thought, for example a womens tunic is in the cheaper stores around 78-maby little over 100..managed it down to 40 but still, thats what I have paid in the other countries vistited and sometimes I even paid less in for example Malaysia.
Isnt this often the country of origin and where its made, anyone that has a price picture so I know Im not overpaying, and one more thing..my boyfriend wanted to buy a gift for a couisin, a toy..helicopter..a little bit flash but still, we went to Tongsan Market..supose to be the cheapest in town. The store seller said we got a high quantaty price and lowerd it down from 180 to 150 with certain restriciton and it almoast felt like it was impossible to go down further.
Am I cheap when I think that a resonable price should be maby 50?

Would be so grateful for a reply, staying another week..still time to make that bargain..

Best rgds! Alice
May 11, 2008 12:07
  • JSUMMERS83
In case you weren't aware, I think that if you do end up buying that toy helicopter you're going to have to go to a different seller. If you return to the same seller who lowered his price from 180 to 150, there's no way on earth that he'll go down to 50. He/she knows that they have you hooked. You have to look elsewhere now.

When you find the same toy that you want to buy, this time try not asking the price. You know they'll quote you high and act startled when you counter offer at 50. If you start the bidding and you can take on the role of acting surprised when they counter offer too high. Put the ball in your court and maybe you'll have a better chance of getting the price you want.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you usually haggle when shopping?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code