Menu
How do you release your repressed emotion?
Apr 23, 2008 03:20
guestfish Whoever you are, stress, anxiety and frustration might happen to you. All in all, we are prone to repressed emotion. How do you release the repressed emotions?

When you are dissatisfied with your current situation, bad moods creep in. When I was in grief, I watched some funny movies and TV series such as “Mr. Bean”. I forgot all the pains when I was watching the programs. My sister released his grief through going crazy about shopping. She could spend the whole month’s salary in a single gloomy day.
What did you do when you were depressed?

Apr 23, 2008 10:12
  • CLAUDIUS
I have the same habit as you, though now I watch Jeff Dunham on youtube. Stress and anxiety can be very unproductive, it really set about a chain of inertia that holds you up when you need to work. Seeing results from work helps too, the idea is what results you are looking for. For me, even a tiny progress is good. Seeing people being motivated is also very satisfying.
Apr 23, 2008 21:22
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I don’t repress emotions. When I’m happy, I show it. When I’m sad, I don’t pretend to be happy. When I feel like crying, I cry. If I am down for some reason, I do things that I like to do to cheer me up. I listen to my favorite songs. I dance or exercise. I watch my favorite animes and read a lot of manga. I surf the internet or watch TV. Or I would drive to the mall and just roam around. If I am bothered by something or someone frustrating me at work, I focus on my reasons for being there. Then I realize that my reasons are far bigger than those that are frustrating me. I like watching comedies, too. I love to smile and laugh. I stay away from dramatic movies with a lot of angst. I surround myself with happy, positive people and stay away from people who seem to get pleasure from carrying their emotional baggage and spreading them around.

I protect my dreams and pursuit of happiness with the same ferociousness that parents would protect their children. I will not let anything or anyone crush me.
Apr 23, 2008 22:01
  • SUNNYDREAM
I have the same habit with your sister. Shopping is a best soothing medicine for me.
Apr 23, 2008 23:36
  • CHYNAGYRL
I wait until no one is home and then I shout loudly or sing loudly. Sometimes I'll turn the music on and dance around wildly. And also to burn off stress, I eat all my favourite foods, go exercise (take long walks, go inline skating), meet a close friend and tell them what's on my mind and talk about everything. Laugh about things I can't change, including other people's behavior.

I realize now that prevention is the best medicine. Try to avoid getting yourself into situations that make you frustrated, sad, or angry. Sometimes we think we have to put up with certain undesirable situations (i.e. work-related, or in relationships, some people call this "crap"), but if you look carefully, you have chosen to be there. If you are determined, you can choose to leave that situation. Happiness is at least half of your own attitude, and as life is creative, the energy we put into relationships will determine the outcome 8 times out of 10 Your happiness is worth even more than money, it's something that you should place first and consider carefully how to put yourself in a happy environment. Some difficulty makes you stronger, but too many will make you tired & bitter, so choose your battles wisely.
Apr 24, 2008 00:22
  • JCNILE123
(((I realize now that prevention is the best medicine. Try to avoid getting yourself into situations that make you frustrated, sad, or angry)))

Yeah, most definably, prevention is the key word.
Apr 24, 2008 01:15
I have had to learn to control any anger I might have for the sake of my health, I have had one heart scare through losing my temper so now I stay calm, even if I might want to punch
someones lights out.
If I have had a stressful day I might go to the pub for a pint or 6, but not too often, drink is not really the answer
Alan
Apr 24, 2008 23:28
  • ALICIAYIYI
I choose go out with friends, it's a good way to relax myself.
Jun 14, 2008 03:54
  • LING1211
i'm afraid i will grow fat in near future, :(
i always eat a lot when in bad mood, or shopping just like your sister.
pity it seems i do not want to control my emotion....

what should i do?
Jun 20, 2008 16:25
  • GRIZ326
I punch my boxing bag or take my rifle and shoot gophers.
Jun 20, 2008 19:52
  • ICEBLUE
When I was in bad mood, I went to the shopping mall to buy anything I liked. After all, I spent all my savings and was even in debt.
Post a Reply to: How do you release your repressed emotion?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code