Menu
A hero is nothing but a product of his time
Apr 23, 2008 22:34
  • SUMMERSNOW

Have you heard about a Chinese saying: " 时势造英雄" ? It means "a hero is nothing but a product of his time"? This saying can be frequently heard among the current Chinese men, in particularly among those who disillusioned with their dreams. Self-fulfillment is highly valued by men. However, there are countless roadblocks on the way to self-realization. One of them is the era when you are living. What is your understanding of the saying? Is a hero nothing but a product of time? Are there some things that you still havn't fulfilled?
Apr 24, 2008 21:31
  • ICEBLUE
A hero is not a guy who does nothing but sit still to wait for fortune to come. A hero must be a self-made man.
Apr 25, 2008 21:47
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Well, don’t be disillusioned. Charge!!!!

Here’s my favorite song about dreams.

Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now
(theme song from Perfect Strangers)

Sometimes the world looks perfect,
Nothing to rearrange.
Sometimes you get a feeling
Like you need some kind of change.
No matter what the odds are this time,
Nothing's gonna stand in my way.
This flame in my heart,
And a long lost friend
Gives every dark street a light at the end.

Standing tall, on the wings of my dream.
Rise and fall, on the wings of my dream.

The rain and thunder
The wind and haze
I'm bound for better days.
It's my life and my dream,
Nothing's going to stop me now.
Apr 26, 2008 11:00
  • GARYKINKADE
An invention created by man for the benefit or detriment of mankind depending on the ultimate goals of the hero or the society in which the hero is living.
May 1, 2008 10:06
  • GRIZ326
I have witnessed heroic acts. In the cases I witnessed, the "hero" did something really stupid in terms of personal risk; the could easily have lost their life. They survived and are therefore heroes. In both cases that moment of heroism was a moment of complete selflessness.

However, just because you were a hero once it does not mean that you will be a hero again.

In radio they have a saying, "You're only as good as your last show." Which is simply a way to say everyone has moments of greatness, repeating those moments of greatness is what matters.
May 1, 2008 20:42
  • JCNILE123

A hero needs not to be a hero but ones, to be hero.

A hero is a man; a hero is a woman.
A remarkably brave individual: somebody who commits an act of remarkable bravery or who has shown an admirable quality such as great courage or strength of character
somebody admired: somebody who is admired for outstanding qualities or achievements.

A coward it is an every day individual, that always could done it better, but always shrinks and is present every where the hero it is not.

A coward cannot be a hero.

A coward it is neither a man nor a woman,

A coward it is a nocturnal insect with a flat oval body, long antennae, and chewing mouthparts, some species of which are household pests that is a (COCKROACH!)
May 1, 2008 22:46
  • SHESGOTTOBE
In short, a hero is someone who is not afraid of cockroaches!!!

wehehehe.... ^_^"
May 2, 2008 09:01
  • JCNILE123
Shesgottobe,
No need to fear roaches...after all they come home anyway.

May 4, 2008 21:55
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Awww.. such a cutie. ^_^"

O_o
May 4, 2008 23:39
  • JCNILE123
Yes, it is...He, he,
May 15, 2008 19:31
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
" 时势造英雄" = "a hero is nothing but a product of his time"

Thanks for sharing this one, SummerSnow. I really love the saying. True heroes don't decide to be heroes. Acts of heroism are typically impulsive, and most heroes care little for anything other than the act itself. They care even less about the virtues of heroism or about being what we would call a "hero".

Who are true heroes? They are the hungry masses who fight the status quo. They are mothers who raise their children the best way they can despite an unsupportive husband and a nasty beighborhood. They are the foot soldiers who risk their lives to bring a mortally wounded companion home. These people don't decide to be heroes, they just are.
Post a Reply to: A hero is nothing but a product of his time
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code