Menu
Wife, Mistress and Soul-mate
Apr 25, 2008 01:07
  • LEONARDO
One of my Chinese friends wrote an essay in Chinese talking about his personal understanding of the differences among a wife, a mistress and a soul-mate (a female confidant). He translated it into English and wanted to publish it at his blog. So he asked me to help revise his article. Since I am so busy, the revising work is done hastily. Some of the expressions are not idiomatic. I found his article interesting so that I asked for his permission to post his essay on this forum to share with you guys. If possible, can you please help revise this essay! Or exchange your opinion on the topic.

Wife, Mistress and Soul-mate

What does “wife” mean? Wife is someone to whom you are willing to give your savings for safe keeping. What does “mistress” mean? Mistress is someone whom you dated secretively and in fear of your wife discovered.

A wife is a restraint on your behavior. A wife restrains you from being casually associated with other women. Mistress is compensation for you who can give you the passion that you desire to obtain from your wife but can not obtain. A female confidant is a good guide who can guide you get out of the maze.
Apr 25, 2008 01:08
  • LEONARDO
A wife makes a living with you together. A mistress only spends your money. A female confidant chitchats with you. A wife can not replace a mistress because a wife is not as flirtatious as a mistress. A mistresscan not replace a wife either because she is not as affectionate towards you as your wife. Both a wife and a mistress can not replace a female confidant because you need someone to confess。

A wife is someone who doesn’t have blood tie with you but is concerned with you when you don’t come home early or stay overnight outside home. A mistress doesn’t have any family connections to you but she can give your passion. A female confidant is not someone closely associated with you but she can share your grief and sorrow.

A wife is a home and a harbor which you can rest your exhausted soul upon. A mistress is a cumbrance for your family that you don’t want to get rid of unless you have no choice. A female confidant (soul-mate) is an extra embellishment for your family. Without her(soul-mate)you won’t feel lonely but you wil feel life is meaningless.

A wife’s care is like a cup of plain boiled water which sometimes seems to be naggy. Only when you are ill can you sense the warmth and fragrance of her care. A mistress’ care is like a cup of plain boiled water filled with a spoon of sugar you won’t feel satified after a whole night’s savoring. A soul-mate’s care for you is like a cup of coffee that you drink after you stay up for work until midnight. You feel refreshed after drinking a cup of coffee at midnight.

Your wife got pregnant by you will affectionately ask whether you expect it to be a boy or a girl. A mistress who got pregnant by you will cry loudly to ask how do handle it. To the female soulmate, you will tell her the news that your mistress got pregnant and ask her for some advice. To your wife, you will tell her after she discovers your mistress’ pregnancy: I had planned to tell you but I am afraid you will get angry. You kneeled down to beg for her forgiveness.
Apr 25, 2008 01:10
  • LEONARDO
Your wife visits your parents-in-laws and stays there for one week, you won’t miss her. When you haven’t seen your mistress for only three days, you will call her: “where are you? You know how much I miss you!” When you feel depressed, you want to find someone to confide your troubles to; you will remember your female confidant. You tell her:"Ihave a dilemma. I am struggling between my wife and my mistress. It is painful. “

When makes a man suffer most is his wife’s nag, his mistress’ tears and his female confidant’s misunderstanding. A wife’s nag make a man become bothered. A mistress’ tears can soften a man’s hardened heart. A female confidant’s misunderstanding can push a man’s heat into a desperate abyss. The best wife can make her man sense the mixed feeling of being a mistress and a confidant. The best mistress is someone who can step out of your life unconditionally after your affair with her is detected by your wife. (It is hard for a mistress to be kind and generous enough to quit without any demands.) The best female confidant is someone who dreams to become your mistress and even your wife someday in the future.

If possible, almost all men are eager to turn a female confidant to a mistress. Ideally, a wife will be better. However, when a man turns his female confidant to his wife, he will be disappointed to see that the female confidant is the not the soul-mate he has known any more. Men have many secrets in their hearts that can not be confided to their wives. Otherwise, men are no longer mysterious?

To a man, marrying a wife is to avoid the gossip from the general public; keeping a mistress is to add some spices (monosodium glutamate) to the monotonous life; finding a female confidant is to add some chicken soup (for soul) to the empty life. Ultimately, what a man seeks for during a lifetime is not a wife, a mistress but one or more female confidants (sou-lmates).

To love someone is not necessarily equal to possess her/him, but you must cherish the one you hav e possessed. If I shed a drop of tear, it is because I am unwilling to forget who you are.

Tell your beloved one: “you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen; I wish to dream you in my dream every night; you are the only one right for me in my heart!”
Apr 25, 2008 21:57
  • ALICIAYIYI
Well, I have seen the similar one before. It seems men r always insatiable, any most of them want to have a wife, a mistress and a female confidant.
Maybe when a man wants to have a mistress, that means he can't gain sth from his wife, so the wife also has responsibilities. A good woman know how to keep their relationship.
There r some words which can make the couple love each other perpetually: ACCEPT, BELIEF, CODDLE, DEVOTE, FREEDOM, GRATITUDE, HEART, INDEPENDENCE, JEALOUSY(be moderate), KISS, MATURE, NATURAL, PURE, QUARTER, RESPONSIBILITY, SHARE, TENDER, UNDERSTAND, WAIT, X(multiply your love), YEARN, and ZEST .
LOVE means L-LOVE, O-OBSERVE, V-VERACITY, E-ENDURE.
Apr 27, 2008 20:06
  • SHESGOTTOBE
And they say women are selfish, weak, demanding and very emotional. There’s the man who needs to be babied by a lot of women. He thinks the world revolves around him and that everyone should cater to his whims. O_o

"Tell your beloved one: “you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen; I wish to dream you in my dream every night; you are the only one right for me in my heart!”

The only one???
May 1, 2008 21:56
  • SUNNYDREAM
Men are greedy creatures. They wanted to won over three women's hearts: wife, mistress, soulmate. Why don't they treat their wives as the only soulmate? Any secrets can not be confessed to your wife?
May 2, 2008 05:01
GUEST2376 "To a man, marrying a wife is to avoid the gossip from the general public; keeping a mistress is to add some spices (monosodium glutamate) to the monotonous life; finding a female confidant is to add some chicken soup (for soul) to the empty life. Ultimately, what a man seeks for during a lifetime is not a wife, a mistress but one or more female confidants (sou-lmates). "

This is a self-contradictory statement. "What a man seeks for during a lifetime is not a wife, a mistress but one or more female confidants (sou-lmates). " I guess that it is a popular excuse for men who want to keep mistresses or are eager to have a crush on their so-called female confidants.
The funniest thing is that all gentlemen kept silent on the issue. Do you know what they are thinking about? They felt guilty as charged.

May 2, 2008 20:39
  • ICEBLUE
"Tell your beloved one: “you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen; I wish to dream you in my dream every night; you are the only one right for me in my heart!”
The only one???

Ha ha! Shesgottobe, " the only one" is a popular rhetoric of such gentlemen. Share a saying I have heard: men are good liars when they are in courtship. Men like to promise but don' t like to fulfill the promises. Men are changeable creatures.
May 2, 2008 20:53
  • DODGER
But surly isn’t it possible to find a woman who can perform all three functions?
Dodger.

May 3, 2008 20:18
  • SUMMERSNOW
Dodger,

Don't be demanding! That kind of women is "endangered species". LOL!
May 4, 2008 19:00
  • DODGER
Summersnow,
then I must have found the last one.Ha.
Dodger.
Page 1 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Wife, Mistress and Soul-mate
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code