Menu
New visa requirements
May 2, 2008 11:45
  • JARCHACK
BTW, the visa office (consulate) needs only a printed itinerary, not an actual ticket.
May 2, 2008 11:58
  • DAN0321
thank you, can not fly in the week must be there on sunday, i know the tickets from off season are about $960 but june frist go up very high, i will try the web site you gave, thank you much
May 2, 2008 12:36
  • JARCHACK
BTW the visa office (consulate) needs only a print-out of the itinerary, not a purchased ticket.
May 5, 2008 05:57
  • APAULT
Maybe the simplest soultion to the Olypdick Games visa rules changes is to stay away until it is all over!
May 5, 2008 06:36
  • JARCHACK
That's an idea but the actual change in visa requirements may not occur in my lifetime.
May 6, 2008 04:57
  • JABAROOTOO
Recent update on Visa variations

My sister and a male friend are travelling together with a stopover in HK in early JUNE so thought they would take time out to visit me on the mainland and do some shopping.

They applied independently of each other for their Chinese visa and guess what.
My sister got hers with no questions asked but our male friend has been asked to provide hotel reservations. (Easy to get even if you don't actually use them when you arrive)

They are only intending to spend two nights on the mainland, the rest in HK and Macau

So just be aware that conditions are tight and may be worse for SINGLE MALES............

I will also check to see if they were required to show tickets. I doubt it since they are transiting in HK

All the best to those of you wishing to come to China during the next few months. Security will be tight and it needs to be for many different reasons but this should not deter visitors or spoil your holiday in any way.
May 8, 2008 21:34
GUEST64123 hi..i am an indian my F visa will expire within 2weeks i am not getting any extension in teda so i am planning to go back india and apply for tourist visa...i want to know will i be able to get a tourist visa foe june 2008 what will be requirements..please help me i need to stay longer but these rules.
May 15, 2008 08:03
GUEST01019 If anyone from the UK reads this, please, please be aware that you will NOT get a Chinese visa if you do not have all the documentation listed on the Chinese embassy website. For a tourist visa, in addition to an application form and passport, you need confirmation of outward and return flights (print outs of confirmation emails are fine, just make sure your name is on there!) AND confirmation of a hotel booking (again, an email printout is acceptable and mine was only for one night in a hostel). If you are staying with a relative or friend in China you need a letter from them confirming that you will stay with them, and proof of THEIR identity, such as a copy of their ID card. Same for people going out for business- you need a confirmation letter from your employer AND a copy of your hotel and flight bookings, even if they've been made by someone else.

I spent FIVE hours yesterday waiting in line to get my visa, and saw many many people turned away after a similar wait because they hadn't brought all these documents with them. And they won't "bend the rules", or "listen to reason", as I heard many people ask. It's black and white, you either have the documents and get a visa, or you don't.

And if you want an express one-day visa, you apparently need to be at the embassy at least 2 hours before it opens. Turning up when it opens is not early enough. I have to go back next week to collect mine. Take food and drink with you, you'll be there a loooong time...
May 30, 2008 19:46
GUEST17231 hello do i need transit visa to shanghai when im goin home (philippines) i came from casablanca morocco for tour i decide to go home.i just want to used my return tiket i was in shanghai when i came here (shanghai-dubai-casablanca) vice versa and i have my tiket for philippines but not the same airlines company is it posibble to enter shanghai airport without transit visa im not intended to go out airport,my fly is on june 7.what i need to do please advice me thanx.
Jun 6, 2008 22:22
GUEST94153 My husband and I have an 8 hour layover in Shanghai PVG Traveling from Bankok to Chicago. Can we leave the airport and go into Shanghai with our plane tickets and passports? Or do we need a transit visa?
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: New visa requirements
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code