Menu
What are you gonna do if your wife earns more than you?
Apr 30, 2008 02:43
guest1577 What are you gonna do if your wife earns more than you? I hear that some Chinese takes it as a shame. If he earns less than his wife, he will feel inferior and think that he is useless. In their opinions, men have to support their families. If he earns less than his wife, others might laught at him and say he is raised by his wife. I am wondering if this is true in China. If not, how do you feel if your wife earns more than you? What are you gonna do to deal with this?
Apr 30, 2008 03:50
GUEST08241 I would smile all the way to the bank.
Apr 30, 2008 07:28
  • GARYKINKADE
"Ditto" on GUEST08241 reply.
Apr 30, 2008 08:14
  • DODGER
I'd retire and relax a little more.
Dodger
Apr 30, 2008 09:54
Thank my lucky stars!
Alan
Apr 30, 2008 10:27
  • GRIZ326
How lucky could a guy get? A loving wife who brings home the bacon!
May 1, 2008 21:17
  • JCNILE123
I will twice as happy as I am today.
May 1, 2008 22:33
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Money is not everything. If he is earning less than his wife and it is making him uneasy, then he can do a lot of other things. He can start looking for another job with a better pay or he can make up for it in other ways. Obviously, the wife didn’t care if he has less money. He should be grateful for that and do his best to be a great husband. He should be thankful that his wife is helping in realizing their dreams and building their lives together. He should do the same. It is not all about him. If he keeps focusing on the money part, he is just showing where his values lie.
May 1, 2008 22:47
  • MARRIE
((If he earns less than his wife, others might laught at him and say he is raised by his wife. I am wondering if this is true in China. If not, how do you feel if your wife earns more than you? What are you gonna do to deal with this?))

I am gonna tell you Guest. Generally speaking, in northern china and Southern China, men would feel 'lose face' if his wife earn more than him. But in south east china, specifically northern ZheJiang Province, Southern JiangSu Province and Shanghai, this is most probably is not true and they spontaneously treat woman equally. Believe it or not, in crowded bus, they would fight for a seat with women!
May 3, 2008 08:46
  • CARLOS
I would buy a bigger boat, of course.

Carlos
May 3, 2008 21:20
  • JIMMYB
"I would buy a bigger boat, of course."

What do you do with this bigger boat. Carlos? I am curious. Well, if my wife earns more than me, I will feel uneasy. In that situation, I might become the house husband at home. This is what I don't expect so that I will try to find another job to earn more :-)
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What are you gonna do if your wife earns more than you?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code