Menu
Marry for love or house?
May 6, 2008 03:00
  • CHERRY07
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 5 vote(s)
  2. 0 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
If you have to decide to marry one of the two boys, whom will you choose? A is charming, smart, capable and handsome and he is the one you love but he doesnt' have a house. B has his own house but not as good as A in other aspects.

Most single young Chinese women set the house as the prerequisite for their future BF or husband. If the one she admires has his own house, she will agree to date with him. Otherwise, she won't. Some men say that it is unfair. Yes, but it is the fact. Some people are very happy to have daughter at present. You might feel surprised since you know that Chinese people prefer to have boys than girls. Why do they prefer girls now? Because they don't need worry about buying house for her in the future. Buying a house is a big burden for many parents.

This is what the report said. I just want to know what you think about it. Will you marry for love or house?
May 6, 2008 04:04
  • JSUMMERS83
As a man I won't participate in the vote, but it is an interesting topic. I've been under the impression that present-day Chinese parents want girls because there is such an imbalance of boys to girls right now (many more men than women). From my understanding, for the time being such a choice between love and house might not exist because there are so many men for the girls to choose from. Hopefully, with such a broad range of choices women can find a man they love who can also provide a roof over her head.

Regardless, what use is a very nice house if you're stuck in an unloving marriage??
May 6, 2008 20:00
  • BBQQ
"From my understanding, for the time being such a choice between love and house might not exist because there are so many men for the girls to choose from."

JSUMMERS83, there are indeed many men for the girls to choose. However, those who are rich and have their own houses are few. On the other hand, there are more girls than boys in China. If all girls want a boy who is rich and has his house, how many candidates can meet their requirement? This can explain why there are still many single girls and boys in China.
May 6, 2008 20:13
  • SHESGOTTOBE
It is a personal choice and something cultural that should be respected.

As for me, I will not marry a man for his house because I am not willing to exchange my life, my happiness, ideals, philosophies and my whole being for a house. But then, I am not Chinese so it is something culturally different for me. To me, it is unthinkable to choose between the two.
May 6, 2008 23:05
  • MARRIE
As a woman, I won't vote because I don't think both options are the best choices. what is tight binding of love and binding of family. a man is of excellency to a woman but could be nothing to the other woman. However, something is common is that nobody wants to choose a life partner without a SOUL (nasty nature of character) except both of them are monsters.
May 6, 2008 23:19
  • GARYKINKADE
More girls than boys? Where did all of the boys go?
May 6, 2008 23:25
  • JCNILE123
he, he,
May 7, 2008 20:49
  • JIMMYB
"More girls than boys? Where did all of the boys go?"

Gary, the reality is that there are more boys than girls in China at present. For those who can't find a wife, being a bachelor or a monk might be the only way out.
Post a Reply to: Marry for love or house?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code