Menu
Pudong airport to Hangzhou
May 13, 2008 20:09
  • SCOTTT
My wife and I are arriving at PVG at 1830, meaning I will probably actually get out of the airport an hour later. From other threads that I have examined meticulously, I see the following options to get to Hangzhou that evening:
1. Take the express bus (across from Gate 15 - no idea which terminal) to Hangzhou for ~100 RMB each. But, the last bus is at 1900, so I won't make it. And, it drops me off at the Soccer Stadium so I still have to take another taxi.

2. Take a taxi (RMB 100) from PVG to the South Train station (about 1-1.5 hours), and go to the Bus station next door for a bus to Hangzhou. Again, the last bus appears to depart at 1925, so I won't make that either. I get dropped off at the Hangzhou Main rail station, so will need another taxi.

3. Take the train. I will get to the train station sometime around 2030 - 2100 if I'm lucky, then need to get tickets and get to the track. At that point, I will have missed the trains leaving around 2000, and will have to wait for K287 at 2105 (2 hours) or N401/N404 at 2319 if I don't make the K287. And, I will have In either case, I will get to Hangzhou REAL late.

I will spend 200-300 RMB in these cases, and spend about 4-5 hours minimum to get to Hangzhou, plus time to get to my hotel. It's looking like I should just take a taxi direct from PVG to my hotel, and it appears to cost between 400-600 RMB according to posts here.

Have I missed any options, or is any of my info wrong?
Thanks!!!!!!
-Scott
May 14, 2008 03:52
  • ELLYSE
The last bus for Pudong airport -- Hangzhou is at 1930, not 1900. If you're lucky, you might just make it in time.
If you take a taxi to Shanghai South train/long-distance bus station, it should take you a maximum of 1 hour and cost around 150-180 RMB depending on traffic conditions, not 100 RMB. The airport shuttle no.7 (20 RMB/pax) might take about 30 mins longer.
The last bus to Hangzhou (60 RMB/pax) actually leaves Shanghai South long-distance bus station at 2020, not 2000.
Where is your hotel located in Hangzhou, anyway?
It sounds to me like you do have a fair to good chance of taking a taxi to Shanghai South long-distance bus station and catching the last departure to Hangzhou at 2020. That would cost you about 150+60+60=270 RMB to get to Hangzhou, and then a small taxi fare to get to your hotel. I think that's very reasonable.
May 14, 2008 19:30
  • SCOTTT
well, you certainly are an optimist! Realistically, I don't trust in luck when traveling. I trust in planning and having alternatives ready. If I don't catch the bus from the airport, I should probably think about finding a hotel near the station, and then getting an early train when we're less rushed and not have to arrive in a strange place at midnight (or later!).
I was planning on staying at the Lakeview (Wanghu) in Hangzhou, as it's not too far from the lake, the railway station and the downtown area. This will allow me to easily to 1 or 2 day trips out of Hangzhou as a base. I will go to Shaoxing, and perhaps another smaller city.
I will certainly let you know how it ends up, perhaps between now and the trip date I will get a lucky fortune cookie that answers my problems.
thanks for you help!
May 14, 2008 20:34
  • ELLYSE
No, I'm not an optimist. You should see the amount of planning that I do when I travel, I try to have a back-up plan for every possibility that I can foresee.
I don't think you were planning to visit Suzhou as well, were you? The last bus from Pudong airport to Suzhou leaves at 2000. I think you have a very definite possibility of catching that one!
I still think that it's reasonable to catch a taxi to the Shanghai South long-distance bus station and get the last bus to Hangzhou at 2020. You have almost 2 hours in between your landing time and bus departure.
There're a lot of newer hotels which're as well-located as Lakeview, and not as expensive either.
May 15, 2008 16:49
  • SCOTTT
Ahhhh, I thought I was the only one with lots of backups, alternatives, etc. I'm not planning on Suzhou, but wanted to spend 4 days in Hangzhou with a side trip or two, including Shaoxing. Perhaps Xitang on the way back, but not sure yet.
I'm interested in alternatives to the Lakeview, as it is expensive. I need a place thats located between the lake and the city center, and not too far from the railway station for the side trips. And, it MUST have some non-smoking, which seems to be difficult in China and even harder to validate even when it's advertised as an option. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Scott
May 15, 2008 20:27
  • ELLYSE
What are your dates of stay/travel? What's your expected price range, and how many of you are there? There're plenty of hotels which would fit your bill!
Email me directly at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide ScottT) in the subject line, more convenient than waiting for me to check the forum!
Jul 23, 2008 23:33
GUESTDANIEL Dear All,

I will arrive in Shanghai Pudong airport next monday and would like to take a long distance bus to Ningbo. Is this possible? and does anybody know what the departure times are and the cost?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Daniel

Jul 24, 2008 00:02
  • ELLYSE
No, there're no direct buses from Pudong airport to Ningbo. You'll have to go to town.
Email me directly at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" in the subject line. Do remember to include your time of arrival at Pudong airport.
Aug 11, 2008 06:09
GUEST49958 Is there a trainstation at the airport that goes directly to Hangzhou?
Aug 12, 2008 00:04
  • ELLYSE
No, there isn't. You'll have to take airport shuttle no.7 to Shanghai South train station in order to get a train to Hangzhou.
Dec 2, 2008 19:50
GUESTDAKAI I'll be flying in PVG around 8:30 pm. I need to find a way to go to Hangzhou that night. Is there any hope for me? Thanks in advance
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Pudong airport to Hangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code