Menu
L Visa Denied
May 15, 2008 13:15
  • JARCHACK
I found out today that my tourist visa was denied. I'm guessing that since I stayed past my visa expiration date last year and had to pay a fine, that's why it was denied. Or possibly because I was planning staying with a friend and not at a hotel. In any case a University in Hubei is going to employ me and send the necessary work permits etc. I hope my work visa doesn't get denied as well :(
May 25, 2008 11:09
  • XPAT123
over staying will not effect you before you leave china,but after you leave my dear friend,you will have maximum chances of denial,have to take care about it.i have one friend who stayed in china as a student with student visa and during his 5 .5 yrs stay he did more than 10 days delay in one case,now he is seprived from coming to china ,twice he applied ,he failed despite being a student for a long time here.Take care man before breaking the rule about its consequences..
May 25, 2008 12:41
  • JARCHACK
That's what I thought. I know if you get deported it's 3 years before you can apply for a visa again. I wasn't deported but I have a feeling it's going to be a while before I can apply for a visa again :(
May 26, 2008 11:57
  • APAULT
So instead of applying for a visa you should contact your local office and ask what the situation is...and save money and effort.
May 26, 2008 12:05
  • JARCHACK
Since there is no office local to here I went through a visa service. I suppose I can try to contact one of the consulates but I don't recall seeing any contact info. There's not much point in sending the documents for a work visa if it's going to get denied. The visa fees are refunded but I still have to pay the 3rd party service $60.. ouch.
Mar 19, 2010 20:33
GUEST34122 I have had several work visas to china in the last few years. Yet I was recently denied, I think due to a nine year old dui. Travel is vital for my job. Is there a way to appeal or get the denial overturned?
Jun 19, 2010 19:15
GUEST22170 My attorney friend was denied the visa for china expo three days ago. He's been China several times and never had problem when applied visa but was denied this time. what should he do next? Help......
Jun 19, 2010 20:52
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST22170

My attorney friend was denied the visa for china expo three days ago. He's been China several times and never had problem when applied visa but was denied this time. what should he do next? Help......

Which country passport he holds? maybe he didn't obey rules during his stay in China.
Aug 24, 2011 01:56
GUEST56750 I was denied a China Visa in San Francisco. Though, they didn't give me a reason, I'm assuming for the fact I had 4 felonies for fraud in the early 90s. Does anyone know what I could do next to attain the Visa. I've been cleared from probation since 1994.
May 20, 2013 01:27
GUEST31117 My niece was denied for Tourist visa today ..i just want to ask why???? she submit every documents they ask for ...now the question is when she can probably apply again ..i need some information please...
May 20, 2013 16:27
  • WANHU
Besides application form, photograph and valid passport, usually you need to submit i) copy of return air tickets, ii) confirmed hotel booking in China. You may also provide name of a person in China as your contact person (with full address and contact number).
Wan
Post a Reply to: L Visa Denied
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code