Menu
Applying for a visa in another country
Jun 9, 2008 10:46
  • APAULT
While China is making it hard to get visas from a country other than the one you hold a passport from you can do the following. I had to do this a coupel of years ago for a Z visa.

You apply through your own country. Fill out the form and send it with your passport to someone in your own country who can apply for you. I used a travel agent and paid a fee to get it done. I prefer to use a Chinese travel agent as they handle so many visa applications. Then have it sent back to you. Obviously it takes a bit of time and if you use express mail or couriers and have an agent's fee it is a little expensive, but it is cheaper than a wasted air ticket.
Jun 25, 2008 05:02
  • MOSSIMO
Well, nowadays, I don't think it's possible to get a z visa by a friend instead of yourself.
Jun 26, 2008 01:29
  • APAULT
They do not require you to visit in person in your overseas country, and they do not allow postal or courier applications from individuals, so u can still use an agent.
Jun 26, 2008 02:53
  • JABAROOTOO
Actually Paul,

This has been the case in Australia recently. The Chinese Embassy now has an office in Brisbane and my friends were required to apply in person. I'll let you know if this still applies in a few months if I have to apply while I am home.

In the past I have posted mine off to Canberra. In which case a friend could quite easily take care of things once all the paperwork is signed.
Jun 26, 2008 02:55
  • JABAROOTOO
Perhaps it is This B.........y Olympics related but I saw that even in the Netherlands people were applying personally but the Chinese Embassy officials were stream lining the procedure to make it as quick and painless as possible.................
Jun 26, 2008 11:50
  • BARONTWANGLE
You can still apply via a 3rd person or agent at the London embassy without any problems at all. I did this just yesterday.
Jun 29, 2008 01:16
GUESTNEMIROFF Hi everyone. My name is Ray, from Utica, NY. I will be visiting Poland soon, and I am hoping to meet my Polish relatives. I also hope some people from here may help me in contacting my relatives before my visit. Thanks and looking forward to meeting some great people on here!
Jun 29, 2008 10:25
  • JABAROOTOO
I wasn't aware that Poland was part of China???
Jun 30, 2008 11:00
  • APAULT
Well, Jabs, there are many jokes about American's knowledge of world geography. Isn't it true that Dubba wants to invade Iran because he made a mistake in the first place, mixing it up with Iraq?
Jun 30, 2008 16:16
  • BARONTWANGLE
Hey come on - Americans are not stupid when it comes to Geography - check this out for proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&feature=related
Jul 22, 2008 15:41
GUEST95139 why can't you get a Z visa from another country that you hold a passport from, even though there is a chinese embassy in that country?

I am a US citizen, have to go to middle east for work and then have to head to China. I am/was planning to apply for my Chinese visa from a local chinese embassy in middle east? Will this be a problem?

Thanks in advance
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Applying for a visa in another country
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code