Menu
To marry after graduation?
Jun 13, 2008 02:50
  • BBQQ
As a man, will you marry first or start your career first? Most men must say that career is more important than marriage so that they will have their own career first. But things have changed in recent years. A survey says that 26 percent college graduates choose to marry first after graduation. Why? There are five reasons: 1. 37.1 percent graduates think that love in college is pure and should be cherished. 2. 28.8 percent graduates are longing for getting married.3. 26 percent are worried that they would be busy and have no time to talk about love with others if they start to work. 4. 17.6 graduates think that it is better to find a good and rich husband than to find a good job. If you marry a rich man, you don’t have to work very hard for the car, house etc.

What do you think about those reasons? If you were them, would you get married after graduation?
Jun 14, 2008 01:32
  • GURTY
Love is the precondition of marriage. Haven't found there are so many reasons.
Jun 15, 2008 20:47
  • JIMMYB
If I were one of them, I wouldn't get married after graduation. Before getting married, you have to think about if you can get married. Marriage is not just a matter of living together. As far as I know, many of those who get married after graduation just depend on their parents. Their parents buy houses and give economic support to them.

"Love is the precondition of marriage." Yes. But you have to think about this question:"Are you prepared for getting married?" carefully before making your decision.
Jun 16, 2008 08:18
  • JSUMMERS83
I think it would be good to look closely at your ideas about parents lending financial support, JIMMYB. Remember that the concept of an individual making his mark and his fortune on his own without help from family is relatively new. Why is it wrong for the parents to buy the houses and give economic support? That's what your country has done for generations now and I think it has worked wonderfully. Look at America right now - everybody is knee deep in debt and the housing market is absolutely horrid. My family is middle class, my dad has a good job - this year he will be turning 56 and JUST now be completely debt free (no mortgage, car payments, credit card, etc). Something's wrong with the western system and for that reason I beg of you not to be too quick to adopt this into the Chinese culture.

Parental guidance, instruction, and and even financial support can be a very good thing.
Jun 16, 2008 20:17
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Wahhh!!! JSummer would be a cool father!!!

Me: Dad, can you lend me some money so I can buy a parcel of lot and build a house later on?
Father Dear: No, make money on your own.
Me: Dad, can you buy me a car? All my friends got cars from their parents as a high school graduation gift.
Father Dear: Too bad they are not your parents.

O_o

Jun 16, 2008 21:37
  • JIMMYB
Jsummer, the children don't borrow money from their parents. They needn't pay back. I can understand what those parents think about. Every parent wants his/her child to live happily and comfortably. Thus, they do what they can do to help their kids. For those parents who are capable, that is ok. But how about those poor parents? I was born in countryside and both of my parents are farmers. They have done what they can to raise me up. Right now, they have to support my sister since she is in college now. In this regard, I won't ask economic support from them (Even if I intend to do so, how can they give money to buy a house, a car etc?) Work hard and make money to support my parents! These are what I want to do.

BTW, if I have a child, I wouldn't give him economic support unless in extreme case BECASUE I don't want to spoil him/her. The young genereation has become too lazy and dependent on their parents. They just know to ask things from their parents. In their opinion, it is natural. But do they ever think about where their parents' money come from?
Post a Reply to: To marry after graduation?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code