Menu
Quickest way to get from Fenghuang to Guilin?
Jun 18, 2008 08:36
guest72366 Hello,

I am planning a trip to China right now, and will be there in August. Part of our trip includes a day in Zhangjiajie, before going to Fenghuang for 3-4 days, and then going to Guilin to take a Li river raft to Yangshuo. I need to find out what the easiest/fastest way to get to Guilin from Fenghuang is. This could be any combination of train, bus, plane, etc.

I am having trouble finding a train that leaves Fenghuang (or Jishou, or Zhangjiajie, or anywhere else nearby) and arrives in Guilin. Does anyone have an idea of what our best path may be? We would like to get there in one day or less.

Thanks,

Chris
Jun 19, 2008 08:08
  • CHRISOQUIST
Sorry - I posted this under guest.. No one has an idea?

Chris
Jul 13, 2008 19:33
  • ELLYSE
Fastest? Probably a bus from Fenghuang to Changsha (or train from Jishou to Changsha) then fly to Guilin.
Jul 14, 2008 00:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Why don't you do Fenghuang first then take the bus or train from Huaihua to Zhangjiajie and fly out of there after your sightseeing. It has an airport you may need to change planes at Changsha
Jul 14, 2008 03:06
  • ELLYSE
Probably fastest to get a bus from Fenghuang to Changsha then fly to Guilin. If you prefer train, you'll have to take it from Huaihua: K652/K653 (0946--2029).
Mar 18, 2009 04:22
GUEST00193 Hi Ellyse,

Next month I'm going to fenghuang, hunan, I'm going to arrive in Changsha airport, do you know any if I have any direct bus to there and if you know, the prices and the time that it takes to arrive?

thank you

ana
Mar 21, 2009 01:18
  • ELLYSE
You'll have to go to town to get a bus to Fenghuang.
Mar 25, 2009 15:49
GUEST55106 How to go to Feng Huang Cheng from Chongquin? What is the most convenient way, by air, train, bus, or any combination among them? What is the quickest way from Chongqing to Fenghuang? Please give us details (train or flight numbers, their schedules etc.. We appreciate greatly your help and information. TOMHUM
Mar 26, 2009 21:21
  • ELLYSE
There's an airport at Chongqing, but not at Fenghuang. The nearest airports to Fenghuang are Zhangjiajie and Changsha, both of which are still quite a few hours by bus to Fenghuang.
Currently there're flights on Mon/Thu/Fri/Sun for Chongqing -- Zhangjiajie, but they're in the night so you'll still need to stay a night in Zhangjiajie then take a bus to Fenghuang the next day. Sichuan Airlines flight 3U8765 flies 2010--2105 on Mon/Thu/Fri, and 2150--2240 on Sun. There're 2 daily direct buses for Zhangjiajie -- Fenghuang, at 0830 and 1430, journey time 4 hours.
Otherwise, taking train and then bus wouldn't be a bad idea too. The most direct route would be Chongqing North -- Huaihua, the best overnight timing would be K335/K334 (2019--0516, 8h57min). There're plenty of buses for Huaihua -- Fenghuang and it should take within 2-2.5 hours.
Mar 27, 2009 03:54
GUEST55106 Thanks a lot for your reply.
Perhaps the most convenient way for us is to fly to Changsha and then take bus from Changsha to Jishou / Feng Huang. We heard that the new expressway from Changsha - Jishou is just opened. Would you please tell us how many hours it will take by bus from Changsha-Jishou/Feng Huang, also its schedule, address of Changsha bus station. ect...?
Once again, we appreciate greatly your help and information. TOMHUM
Mar 27, 2009 10:33
  • YANHUI
choice 1.From Changsha ( by train) ----> Jishou (by bus ) ----->Fenghuang (by bus) -----> Zhangjiajie ( Airport) ----> Guilin

Changsha (by bus at west bus station of changsha) ----->Fenghuang (by bus) -----> Zhangjiajie ( Airport) ----> Guilin

choice 2. From Zhangjiajie (by bus) ----> Fenghuang (return by bus) -----> Zhangjiajie ( Airport) ----> Guilin

PS: it may take 6 hrs from Changsha to Fenghuang by bus, it may take 4 hrs from Zhangjiajie to Fenghuang.

If you need more detailed information or help,just feel free to contact me . I live in Changsha, i have been to Fenghuang, so i know something hope i can help you guys. i'd like to visit Yangshuo too, really look forward it.

Email : hotmail.com|Vincy123_630

Yanhui

Last edited by YANHUI: Mar 27, 2009 10:38
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Quickest way to get from Fenghuang to Guilin?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code