Menu
Quickest way to get from Fenghuang to Guilin?
Mar 28, 2009 00:52
  • ELLYSE
The fastest you're going to get for Changsha -- Fenghuang is 5.5 hours, but it could be more. I would still recommend transiting via Zhangjiajie instead of Changsha. I think buses leave from Changsha West long-distance bus station.
Sep 13, 2009 00:03
GUEST01331 Hello,

Does anyone have the answer to my question:
What is the best route and transport of visiting Fenghuang and Zhangjiajie from Guilin and back to Guilin within 6 days?

Thanks
Sep 13, 2009 02:04
  • ELLYSE
"Best" is subjective. Since you mentioned a time limit I presume you're looking to save time, more so than money.
Fly Guilin -- Changsha then Changsha -- Zhangjiajie. 2 days in Zhangjiajie, then morning bus to Fenghuang. 1 day in Fenghuang, then bus to Jishou to catch train to Changsha. Fly Changsha -- Guilin.
Apr 26, 2010 19:32
GUEST17762 I will be staying in a hotel overnight at Zhangjiajie and then travelling to Fenghuang, staying there two nights there and then back to Zhangjiajie airport for a late evening flight back to Shanghai. From what I have read here it would seem that the bus may be the most convenient way to travel. Would you please be able to tell me the departure points and frequency for the buses to Fenghuang, whether we need to prebook and whether we should consider a private driver instead and the approximate costs. Thank You very much.
Apr 27, 2010 00:28
  • ELLYSE
Departure times 0830 and 1430, but I don't know if this is outdated. Ask your hotel at Zhangjiajie, they should know better.
May 26, 2010 09:00
GUEST22102 Hi Ellyse,

I'm planning on going from Chongqin to Fenghuang and from there to Guilin or Yangshuo (whatever is easier).

What do you think would be the best way?
I've been reading all this posts but, as they are a bit old I'm not sure if there's a better way nowadays.

Also, I found out that there's a overnight train form Chongqing to Tongren (and I read that Tongren is close enough from Fenghuang to take a taxi), do you know if this information is correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!
ALE

There's an airport at Chongqing, but not at Fenghuang. The nearest airports to Fenghuang are Zhangjiajie and Changsha, both of which are still quite a few hours by bus to Fenghuang.
Currently there're flights on Mon/Thu/Fri/Sun for Chongqing -- Zhangjiajie, but they're in the night so you'll still need to stay a night in Zhangjiajie then take a bus to Fenghuang the next day. Sichuan Airlines flight 3U8765 flies 2010--2105 on Mon/Thu/Fri, and 2150--2240 on Sun. There're 2 daily direct buses for Zhangjiajie -- Fenghuang, at 0830 and 1430, journey time 4 hours.
Otherwise, taking train and then bus wouldn't be a bad idea too. The most direct route would be Chongqing North -- Huaihua, the best overnight timing would be K335/K334 (2019--0516, 8h57min). There're plenty of buses for Huaihua -- Fenghuang and it should take within 2-2.5 hours.[/quote]
May 26, 2010 09:11
Hi Ellyse,

I'm planning on going from Chongqin to Fenghuang and from there to Guilin or Yangshuo (whatever is easier).

What do you think would be the best way?
I've been reading all this post but, as they are a bit old I'm not sure if there's a better way nowadays.

Also, I found out that there's a overnight train form Chongqing to Tongren (and I read that Tongren is close enough from Fenghuang to take a taxi), do you know if this information is correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!
ALE
May 26, 2010 18:43
  • ELLYSE
Take train for Chongqing -- Huaihua, then a bus to Fenghuang.
Similarly to get to Guilin/Yangshuo, take a bus to Huaihua then a train Huaihua -- Fenghuang.
I don't know of any Tongren train station which's near Fenghuang.
Jul 4, 2011 06:03
GUESTHARIS Dear Ellyse,

How far and time consume from Zhangjiajie to Fenghuang? Then, How long does it takes from Fenghuang to Jishou train station?

Thanks in advance.
Jul 4, 2011 21:07
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTHARIS

Dear Ellyse,

How far and time consume from Zhangjiajie to Fenghuang? Then, How long does it takes from Fenghuang to Jishou train station?

Thanks in advance.

From Zhangjiajie to Fenghuang directly by bus, you need to go to the city center of Zhangjiajie to take the bus. It departs at 0800 and 1430. THe ticket is rmb62 and the duration time is about 4 hours.

From Fenghuang to Jishou train station, it needs about 1.5-2 hours.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Quickest way to get from Fenghuang to Guilin?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code