Menu
Death rate on Chinese road has doubled in recent 20 years!
Jun 25, 2008 01:17
  • JCNILE123
India

Jun 25, 2008 01:20
  • JCNILE123
Paris

Jun 25, 2008 01:21
  • JCNILE123
Ramallah

Jun 25, 2008 01:21
  • JCNILE123
????

Jun 25, 2008 03:57
  • DODGER
Jimmy,
Even with a man holding a red flag the cars continue to drive through these pedestrian crossings. Red of Green man flashing makes no difference at all. Is this because of a lack of education? That’s not for me to say as I’m just a guest.
This morning driving on a 3 lane road after the rush hour I came across a driving in the middle of the road doing 30kmh. Someone needs to tell this bloke how dangerous this is.
Coming home today I passed a driver with a child sitting on his lap. That is not only very stupid but criminal.
The practical driving test, which I did not have to take, is clearly inadequate.
Dodger.
Jun 25, 2008 11:15
  • WCTMAN
Sorry, but i don't buy the pictures. If Chinese cities had traffic congestion like that, nobody would ever get home. Ever.

I think we can trace this problem back to Chairman Mao, who innoculated this country against thinking. As a result, we have traffic problems here that most 5 year olds can solve.

Jun 25, 2008 21:16
  • JIMMYB
"Even with a man holding a red flag the cars continue to drive through these pedestrian crossings. Red of Green man flashing makes no difference at all. Is this because of a lack of education?"

Definitely not, Dodger. When they were in primary school, their teacher had told them the basic traffic rules. By the way, if they don't know the traffic rules, how can they get their driver licenses? They just ignore the traffic rules. In my view, the government should establish severe laws to punish those who don't obey the traffic laws. In this way, none will try to break the traffic laws. I have heard that those thieves' finger will be cut off if they are caught in Singapore. Horrible but very effective! Severe punishment will let them remember not to break the law.
Jun 25, 2008 21:30
  • WCTMAN
By the way, if they don't know the traffic rules, how can they get their driver licenses?

Geez, I don't know what the going rate is. But it can't be too much. Maybe a few hundred rmb.
Jun 25, 2008 22:13
  • JCNILE123
???

Jun 25, 2008 22:52
  • JIMMYB
"By the way, if they don't know the traffic rules, how can they get their driver licenses?

Geez, I don't know what the going rate is. But it can't be too much. Maybe a few hundred rmb."

WCTMAN, it is true that some guys use money to buy driver license. However, China has restricted the rule for getting drivre licenses. Those who want to get driver licenses must take a training course. After training, they need to take part in a test (paper and on the road). If they pass the test, they will get the driver licenses. By the way, the cost for learning to drive a car is very high now. My friend in Xi'an told me that he spent 2800 yuan to learn to drive a car. Of course, those who have power can get the driver license easily and without training.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Death rate on Chinese road has doubled in recent 20 years!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code