Menu
USA economic downturn leads to 50,000 homelesss veterans living in the streets in California
Jul 7, 2008 21:20
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I agree that America is a land of opportunity. It is a country where as long as you are a legal resident (you don’t have to be a citizen as long as you have a green card) you have all the rights to exercise and opportunities to take advantage. There is no reason to be poor here. As long as you work, you can have any material things you want, and I mean anything. Sky is the limit! As for the rights, the only rights you do not have if you are not a citizen is that you cannot vote and work in federal agencies. Other than that, you can work, drive, own a home, car, yachts, RV, planes, own and operate businesses, etc etc. You can even become a citizen if you want to. By law, you cannot be discriminated because of your skin color, gender, marital status, age or ethnicity. You can sue and the court will take the money and properties of the offender and give them to you as moral damages. I have seen racists lose their entire money, properties and livelihood or businesses shut down because of this. This is taken very seriously. So far, I do not know of any other country that does the same. This is not to say that America is a perfect country. Like any country, it doesn’t have a perfect system but it is up to you to take advantage of opportunities and exercise your rights. Every country has an ugly past. No country is perfect.

Personally, a good welfare system is great to have but it should be strictly controlled. It should be provided only to those who can’t really work. And if they have the means to create babies, they should have the means to feed them. They should have thought about that before they did what they did during that one dark night. Grrr… I don’t know how anyone can walk with their head up while getting freebies. Where is the dignity in that?
Jul 7, 2008 22:55
  • MARRIE
Wow, SHE'S, we are really attracted to this liberty center, no wonder my former classmates continue to stay even at the edge of slipping int black list, some are excellent with F1 and some are sheltered at school ( one couple lucky enough to get green cards in Ohio. While unfortunatelyseperated for the time being because of job locations, one is California and the other still in ohio). US save a lot of fund in edu investment because it has been attracting thousands of thousands of elites in every industry.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: USA economic downturn leads to 50,000 homelesss veterans living in the streets in California
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code