Menu
New images on my website
Jun 24, 2008 17:46
  • DAVEC
I know some of you like to see my website images so just to let you know there are some new sections.
There will be more added as soon as I can.
As always I appreciate your comments.
Jun 25, 2008 12:11
  • LIONPOWER
Write your web address for the new friends.
Jun 25, 2008 16:42
  • DAVEC
Sorry, I forgot to do that. stupid me

www.dcolman.com

enjoy
Jun 25, 2008 20:08
  • KATRINA
Hey, Davec. I have browsed your website. Jesus Christ! Those photos are really beautiful. You are really a great photographer. I am looking forward to appreciating more wonderful photos.
Jun 25, 2008 23:45
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Those are some awesome pictures Dave,

What kind of gear you shoot with?
Jun 26, 2008 01:43
  • DAVEC
I am still using Nikon cameras, currently a D200.
None of the images have much in the way of photoshop work, maybe a little cropping and change of contrast. Although the image on the front page is actually a panoramic made up from 4 images. Its my favourite.
Jun 27, 2008 12:20
  • CARLOS
Dave, great photos again!
Peace and harmony.
I can imagine You sitting hours watching those scenerys. Well, I propably would. Those Longji rice terraces are awesome.

Carlos

Jun 27, 2008 12:25
  • DAVEC
The rice fields were great, would have liked to spend more time there.

I did slip when I was there and fell in, I was covered in mud. Dont tell anyone though cos they will only laugh
Jun 28, 2008 00:03
  • JSUMMERS83
Hey Dave,
I recently inherited a very old Canon from my dad with a couple of good lenses, filters, flash, etc. I'm not entirely knowledgeable when it comes to 35mm and thought about selling it and upgrading to digital. I'm asking you because I checked out your website and was quite impressed with your work and thought you might be able to answer a couple questions:

1) I'm sure I could get a very nice price for this Canon - I've forgotten the model number (it's back in the States right now), but it'll fetch a good amount. Would you upgrade to digital at the price of getting rid of such a nice 35mm or will those cameras just keep appreciating in value over time? Would it be best for me to just suck it up and learn on a good 35mm instead of a digital?

2) If I do go digital, have you seen the camera markets here in China? Are the prices comparable to the States? Some things they import here and therefore are more expensive, but there are many products that are manufactured here in China and sold in the mainland that I've heard are cheaper. Any thoughts?
Jun 28, 2008 02:21
  • DAVEC
Hi,
Firstly dont think you will get a good price for the 35mm unless it is mint condition and boxed, in which case a collector will want it in 50 years time. Film is dying at an alarming rate if it isnt dead already, nobody wants film cameras. I have 3 lovely Nikons in my cupboard which I previously put on Ebay and got 1 bid of £15, 1 camera alone cost me £1000, there just isnt a market for them currently.

As for your questions, personally I would say learn on the film camera to get the basics. If it turns out that SLR cameras are not your cup of tea then you wont have spent loads on new gear. Film and digital SLR cameras work in roughly the same way with the end result store on different mediums.

Cameras in China? I am not so sure, I did have a quick look at upgrading my Nikon when I was in Guangzhou last month and the closest I could get was £5 dearer than I could buy it in UK. My only advice to anyone buying away from their home is check and then double check the warranty card ( and dont buy if you dont get one). Ensure the camera has a worldwide warranty and is stamped by the store, without this if you have a problem back home dont be surprised if the manufacturer says no to a repair and refers you back to the store.
I spent last 13 years selling cameras in the UK, everything we sold had worldwide warranty, if it didnt have one we knew it was a 'grey import' and wouldnt touch it.
Jun 28, 2008 13:24
  • JSUMMERS83
Thanks for your input!
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: New images on my website
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code