Menu
New images on my website
Jun 29, 2008 22:45
  • JIMMYB
I am still using Nikon cameras, currently a D200.

Dave, it is really a good camera. I also have a Nikon camera but not as professional as yours. It is Nikon P5100, which is similar to those single-lens reflex digital camera. But is is smaller than them. I love my camera because it has some difference with other ordinary DCs. It has manual functions that allows me to adjust the aperture, exposure time etc. Really great! However, I haven't learned it very well. I will learn to use its manual functions to take pictures.
Jun 30, 2008 07:04
  • DAVEC
Jimmy, a camera is just a tool. A picture is created by the person behind it.

The only reason I use cameras like mine is because of their build quailty. I have been known to drop things and when I am shooting if I change lenses I will just throw things into my bag. The cheaper Nikon cameras have same image sensors sometimes but are just too plasticy for my usage.
Jun 30, 2008 09:41
  • SATELLITE029
Hello Dave
Have you been to Huizhou city Guangdong?
I bet you will love it here. It is most becautiful city I have seen ever. Welcome !!
Jun 30, 2008 17:42
  • DAVEC
I have been to Guangdong 3 times but not to Huizhou, to be honest I have not heard of it. I will check my guide books and add it to the list of places I should check out. Thanks for the advice.
Jul 1, 2008 03:55
  • JIMMYB
"Jimmy, a camera is just a tool. A picture is created by the person behind it."

Agree, Davec. The photogarphers must have a pair of eyes that can help him find the beauty. Then he can use his camera to record it. But a good camera can make your photos more beautiful.

By the way, I chose to buy Nikon because they look more durable. Compared with Nikon, Canon cameras looks too fragile (I mean just the ordinary digital camera). However, it is said that Canon cameras can reflect true colour of the objects that you have shot. This made me hesitate a lot when buying my camera.

Dave, what do you think of Canon and Nikon digital cameras? Which one is better?
Jul 1, 2008 04:58
  • DAVEC
I think for picture quality they are both good, any colour differences can be adjusted to your own preference anyway.
Nikon have better build quality in my opinion and although I used to use Canon I now prefer Nikon.
I changed over many years ago when a Canon camera broke during a wedding I was doing, it let me down so I changed.

I dont think there is a 'better' or 'best camera', a camera is the best in the world if it does what you want with no hassle.
Jul 1, 2008 20:24
  • JIMMYB
Thanks for your answer, Davec.

"I dont think there is a 'better' or 'best camera', a camera is the best in the world if it does what you want with no hassle."

Agree, just find a one that suits you best. That's it.
Jul 1, 2008 20:29
  • JIMMYB
By the way, it is said that Nikon has released its most advanced digital camera---D700. Have you heard of it, Dave? According to the news, it is similar to D30 or D300. However, some people say that the news is fake. D700 was "designed" by a guy. He used photoshop to make D700 based on D300. Unbelievable!
Jul 2, 2008 02:06
  • DAVEC
I havent heard anything about a D700.
Jul 2, 2008 03:21
  • FAERIEQUEENE
there were rumours and sneak previews etc but it appears in nikon site.

Is this site fake....??

http://www.europe-nikon.com/product/en_GB/products/broad/1627/overview.html
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: New images on my website
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code