Menu
Should euthanasia be made legal in China?
Feb 11, 2009 20:36
  • JIMMYB
Another case in Italy related to euthanasia also became the focus recently. The euthanasia was conducted on a girl who has been in a vegetative state for 17 years in Italy. Last year, the girl's father got the permission from the high court that allowed her feeding tube to be removed. However, most clinics and hospitals refused to do this because there was no law that allows euthanasia in Italy. Finally, they found a clinic that agreed to end her daughter's life.

Both president and prime minister of Italy are concerned about this case. However, they have different views. The Prime Minister strongly opposes euthanasia and wanna pass a bill to forbid euthanasia in Italy. But the president supported euthanasia and refused to sign that bill. Besides, the Pope in Rome showed his concern. He also opposes euthanasia.

"However, China should do what China thinks is proper; I just don't want a law on the books in the USA legalizing euthanasia. If I must do it for a friend or family member I'll take my chances."

Griz, you mean you will do euthanasia for your friends or families if they intend to die? If there is no law that legalizes euthanasia, you will commit murder.
Feb 12, 2009 03:49
GUEST6436 Could i be execute by a lady?

GUEST86203, what's wrong with you? Why do you expect to be executed by a lady?

To my understanding, people's lives are in their own hands. If they don't want to move on, they have the right to end their lives. For those who suffer incurable diseases, living is suffering. We are not them and we don't know how much pain they are suffering. If they wanna die, we should respect their decision.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should euthanasia be made legal in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code