Menu
Hey, men! keep your stubble to win women's hearts!
Jun 30, 2008 04:07
  • CHERRY07
A british survey shows that those men with stubble can easily capture women's hearts. In order to figure out the reason, psychologists at Northumbria University invite 76 women from 18 to 44 to take the test. The researchers show 15 men's faces to the female participants. Those men are clean-shaven, light stubble, heavy stubble, light beard and full beard.

The test figures out that "Those with light stubble were rated the most attractive and as the ideal romantic partner for the short or long term. Clean-shaven men finished bottom for masculinity, dominance, aggression, and social maturity, and they were the least favoured choice as a long-term partner. ".

To get the details, please have a look at this article "Women prefer men with stubble for love, sex and marriage". The url is http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/06/29/scistubble129.xml

Girls, do you think those men with stubble attractive? Here are some examples:

Jun 30, 2008 04:09
  • CHERRY07
Sorry. Here is the photo.

Jun 30, 2008 08:51
  • JABAROOTOO
They all look just as handsome clean shaven. Stubble just means they were too lazy to shave today or they are on holidays and simply not bothering. Stubble can also be very uncomfortable depending on the length and texture of the hair.
Jul 1, 2008 19:54
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hah? Um.. no comment I guess. ^_^"
Jul 1, 2008 20:21
  • JIMMYB
Hmm, I understand that why I am still single now because I shave everyday and look not mature. I am making a decision whether I should keep stubble. If it really works, I will do it. Grils on this forum please air your opinion here. Then I will decide to keep stubble or not, haha.
Jul 2, 2008 22:16
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Here's a better way, JimmyB. Why don't you try sporting stubble for a week or so and see how girls around you react and then tell us about your little experiment if it works. ^_^
Jul 3, 2008 05:05
  • DAVEC
Hey Jabba, where does it say men HAVE to shave everyday? If we choose not to shave its not being lazy or on holiday.
It is one of those things that is just plain annoying having to rake our faces all the time, many of us get cuts regardless of how careful we are and then there's skin rashes and spots to deal with. I can manage to cut myself with electric razors so you can imagine what happens with wet ones, one day I even cut my nose!!!
Go on, allow us a few days off to let our skin recover.
Jul 3, 2008 10:32
It's all a load of cobblers, I had a beard for 25 years and it didn't do me much good, my wife doesn't like me to have a stubble because it's too rough on her skin.
Good job she's still in China because my face is as rough as a badgers bum, he he
Alan
Jul 3, 2008 14:31
  • CARLOS
Behind are those days I wore stubble. My wife is strongly against it.
But like Dave said, must sometimes let skin recover. Shaving with any kind of shaver every morning is not too good for skin.
I enjoy a non-shaved face sometimes in weekends. Rarely have I stubble when meeting clients, although I am blond and my one day old stubble is quite invisible.

Frankly I donĀ“t recall my stubble would have made any positive reaction among women.

Carlos

Jul 3, 2008 20:40
  • JIMMYB
"Here's a better way, JimmyB. Why don't you try sporting stubble for a week or so and see how girls around you react and then tell us about your little experiment if it works. ^_^ "

Well, that is really a good idea, SHESGOTTOBE. But I decide to give up keeping stubble. Psychological maturity is more important. Even if I look mature in appearance by keeping stubble, if I was not mature in mind, it was useless. I am just wondering what makes those female participants who took part in the test thought that men with stubble are attractive, sexy and mature.
Jul 3, 2008 23:41
  • GARYKINKADE
Had stubble and was growing a beard once upon a time, but my wife started patting me on the head and calling me Rover. At least she didn't expect me to take out the trash. It was a trade off.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hey, men! keep your stubble to win women's hearts!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code