Menu
if you fall in love with a muslim when you are not,what will you do?
Nov 6, 2009 03:35
GUESTLOVE*LA... Well, this whole subject is completely stupid. I am in love, head-over-heels with a muslim man, and I was raised christian (and still am). He doesn't care about my religion, as a matter of fact, he respects my religion as much as I respect him. Not too long ago he asked me to marry him, and he even said we could get married in a church if I want, because he knows how much dream about have a nice traditional wedding in a church.

I think a muslim man who refuses to marry a woman because she is christian or any other religion does that out of ignorance. Loved doesn't have a color nor a religion, I thought people would know that by now. Guess not eh!

But I must admit that I do ask myself question sometimes about what our lives will be like after marriage. How we will raise our kids (with the 2 religions). When he fasts during ramadan, will he expect me to do it with him? even though I ask myself all those questions, I am not really worried because I know that he is a reasonable man, and unlike a lot of other practicing muslims, and doesn't make religion his whole life.
Nov 8, 2009 05:15
  • AZIZAH
Dear GuestCon, It is quite unfair for you to insist to be married in a church but at the same time disregard his wants. It seems you try to impose your rights without thinking of his rights too. Marriage is a social contract between a man and a woman to stay together, to lead a good life. Thus from the beginning you cannot see eye-to-eye with him, I’d rather think you should start looking for other candidate for your husband. It is better to stop today than disagreeing tomorrow.

2. Guest1225, if you may, please contact me, to shed some lights. I can be reached at hotmail.com|tadikaislam as it is a rather a personal matter.

3. GuestLov, I agree with you that love does not have colour nor religion. Many a person thinks that way and I used to think that way too, until I met my husband. In every religion I believe, has the tenets of belief, so is Islam. The most beautiful attainment is, to love Allah and all His creations. When we look at this temporary life we cannot fathom the real meaning of love, but when we look back what He has provided us, good health, good life, good neighbours, etc I am compelled to utter my thanks to Him, my Creator. It is really a sorry state that people judge (or misjudge) Islam through the actions of the so-called Muslims, that are associated with suicide bombers, that play God, suppressing others to follow their thoughts and thinking without logics, and those interpreting the Qur’an according to their whims and fancies.

4. I also believe that everyone has the right to believe or not to believe. In Islam, it teaches people to respect this basic requirement when the Almighty Allah says I worship not what you worship nor will you worship what I worship... to you your religion, and to me my religion.

I beg to differ
Azizah
Nov 10, 2009 06:47
  • LIONPOWER
Aziza
Thanks for your explanation.
As a Muslim man , how I will cross the boundary of Muslim law, when I like to marry a non-muslim woman if she not like to be a Muslim? Is there any way in Muslim law?
Nov 12, 2009 21:00
GUESTELL
Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIA1985 View Post

I had a intelligent and charming female friend,she was in love with a muslim guy.she is a atheist ,and she don't like muslim religion,she is on the cross road,she feel hard to seperate with him,but she also feel hard for her to be a muslim as in muslim cultural if a muslim marry a atheist.the atheist must get into them....if you were her,what will...

"Is not religion all deeds and all reflection,
And that which is neither deed nor reflection, but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul, even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom?
Who can separate his faith from his actions, or his belief from his occupations?
Who can spread his hours before him, saying, "This for God and this for myself; This for my soul, and this other for my body?"
All your hours are wings that beat through space from self to self.
He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked.
The wind and the sun will tear no holes in his skin.
And he who defines his conduct by ethics imprisons his song-bird in a cage.
The freest song comes not through bars and wires.
And he to whom worshipping is a window, to open but also to shut, has not yet visited the house of his soul whose windows are from dawn to dawn.
Your daily life is your temple and your religion.
Whenever you enter into it take with you your all.
Take the plough and the forge and the mallet and the lute,
The things you have fashioned in necessity or for delight.
For in revery you cannot rise above your achievements nor fall lower than your failures.
And take with you all men:
For in adoration you cannot fly higher than their hopes nor humble yourself lower than their despair.
And if you would know God be not therefore a solver of riddles.
Rather look about you and you shall see Him playing with your children.
And look into space; you shall see Him walking in the cloud, outstretching His arms in the lightning and descending in rain.
You shall see Him smiling in flowers, then rising and waving His hands in trees."

KAHLIL GIBRAN on Religion (The Prophet)
Nov 12, 2009 21:04
GUESTELL You were born together,
and together you shall be forevermore.

You shall be together when the white wings
of death scatter your days.

Aye, you shall be together even in the
silent memory of God.

But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another, but make not a bond of love.
Let it rather be a moving sea between
the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous,
but let each of you be alone,

Even as the strings of a lute are alone
though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together, yet not too near together.
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress
grow not in each other's shadow.

KAHLIL GIBRAN on Marriage (The Prophet)
Nov 12, 2009 21:06
GUESTELL When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams
as the north wind lays waste the garden.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
He threshes you to make you naked.
He sifts you to free you from your husks.
He grinds you to whiteness.
He kneads you until you are pliant;
And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, "I am in the heart of God."
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
KAHLIL GIBRAN on Love (The Prophet)
Nov 19, 2009 06:57
  • NIKOSURFING
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Can't accept whatever a Muslim does, whatever a Muslim thinks maybe due to her attitude and understanding about Islam. A Muslim like LP may want to help her sick mom, or send her mom to the hospital and she can't accept it because he is being a Muslim? Probably she hates the religion (not only can't accept Islam).
Wan

wow... impressive..
agree with that
Dec 11, 2009 16:42
GUEST75233 i have met a man who lives in morocco , he now wants me to come there to live for a few mons til we can get the paper work to come back to canada ,, i have heard so many different stories of bad and good ,, we love each other .. and we both love our own countrys , he is happy in morocco i am happy in canada ,, but we want to be together ,, my freinds are allways telling me the bad about the men in morocco ,, and i allways read about the good .. im so confused and dont know what to do now .. , i ffriends thinks they are going to just kill me and steal my passport or that he just wants money and a citizenship ,, well im broke and he knows ,, i told him i will nort sponsor him ,,, he doesnt care about that at all ,, we have been talking for 8 mons now and got to know one another but ,, im still skeptical ,,, dont know where to turn now or what too do any suggestions maybe i should hire a private detective,, help msn.com|janechipps,
Dec 12, 2009 11:53
GUEST26230
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

Hi Sonia1985,
If I were your friend, I would break up with the muslim man. The man didn't care about what she has sacrificed for him. Love is not just "giving and devotion" . Love also needs " return and gratitude".
i agree with u.
Dec 12, 2009 12:01
GUEST26230 A muslim man can have more then one wife or woman. i know it well because i am a marry muslim woman.i once was a non muslim who marry a muslim man.you are going into trouble.
Page 18 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: if you fall in love with a muslim when you are not,what will you do?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code