Menu
if you fall in love with a muslim when you are not,what will you do?
Aug 13, 2008 08:09
  • SETH
If you want a different slant on how women were and are still treated in Islamic countries (mostly in the past, but still ongoing today in some countries), please look into female circumcision and the reasoning behind it. Also, look beyond the Koran and into the Haddith and Sharia law. What you find might astound and horrify you.
Aug 13, 2008 08:25
  • DODGER
Seth, I have posted a few points on the female circumcision and had no response. Perhaps it does not happen in China? I hope it doesn’t.
And I still wonder what issues Islam has with other cultures that do not follow the same creed?
Dodger.
Aug 19, 2008 11:31
GUEST20898 im in love with a muslim guy im 21 hes 23. He is from bangladesh, im american. He is the sweetest thing on this earth, humble, and kind, even nieve at times...i wish our religion didn't matter but it does. he is very devout in islam and has already told me no, our love can never be even though i know for a fact he loves me...it is so obvious how he really feels and he has told me so. even then love does not prevail....what am i to do? I cannot convert to islam for a man...so i feel awkward and hopeless. I've been researching all religions and i am still undecided on which is for me...but that is a whole other issue...any suggestions? now that are love is in the open how should i act or tell him?
Aug 20, 2008 21:39
  • SONIA1985
GUEST20898 ,,IMO don't convert to islam for anybody unless you believe in it from your ture heart...religion is a belief which require you to believe heart and soul,if your heart didn't accept it,there is no need to pretended as if you were,because that doesn;t make any sense.Yeah,it s hard to decide ....but believe me,It s not easy for an American girl to bear those Islamic strictions
Aug 23, 2008 05:24
  • LIONPOWER
GUEST20898 ,
You are lucky. You did not find any man who can meet your this friend from Bangladesh.see his hospitality, honesty and responsiblity.
Aug 27, 2008 00:47
  • JULIEWONG
wow a controversial topic!! Interesting anyhow. Firstly I would like to say that all the opinions here have been enlightning and informative and good to know that there are so many people out there who care enough to give their 2 cents worth. I come from a Moslem country and it is not unusual for my chinese or indian friends to marry a Moslem man. :) and also its not unusual in my country for chinese or indian girls to be 2nd or 3rd or 4th wife of a Moslem man. Oophs I can hear it now the thunder is roaring.....Again I will say with enough knowledge and understanding all can cohabit very well. I have spoken to a lot of my non-moslem chinese friends married or dating Moslem Men and they all agree the same and that is, yes its hard sometimes to give up a certain part of one's life but they are optimistic about the future.. Again, Moslems in different parts of the world behave differently and it also depends. In London I see a lot of intermarriages with at least a partner is Moslem and all is fine. Every Man is different whether he is Moslem or not and marriages break down everyday whether it is a Moslem marriage or not but maybe with a good religious grounding a marriage can be everlasting.
Aug 27, 2008 02:58
  • SONIA1985
Hey Julie,You are from a Muslim country,but i guess you are not muslim,,right?
Sep 4, 2008 08:58
  • LIONPOWER
Sonia,
How you guess that ?
Sep 12, 2008 18:21
  • LIONPOWER
Sonia,
Recently, you are not writing, why ???
Sep 14, 2008 21:24
  • CKPING
think of it this way, though not a very good comparison. a woman wanted a tattoo. it is somewhat a life long commitment on her body (marriage is a life long commitment) BUT she has reservation on the design to be tattooed (somehow let's say the tattoo artist knows only this design). should she go ahead or go look for another artist that could tattoo a design she likes!!!
Page 8 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: if you fall in love with a muslim when you are not,what will you do?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code