Menu
Shanghai to Huangshan on a weekend
Jan 13, 2012 14:52
GUESTMICHAEL Which railway station depart to Huangshan/Tunxi?
What time does train to Huangshan depart from Shanghai?I arrive at Pudong on Jan 24,2012 4pm.

What bus station closest to railway atation depart to Zhouzhang on Jan 27, 2012?
Jan 13, 2012 19:14
  • CHERRY07
If you depart from Shanghai, go to Shanghai Railway Station to take train. There are two trains from Shanghai to Huangshan: K782/783 (depart time: 12:46) and K8418/8419 (depart time: 21:10).

It's Zhouzhuang, right? Go to Beiqu Long-Distance Bus Station (Shanghai Long-Distance Bus Transportation Corporation) located at No.80, Gongxing Road, Zhabei District. The buses between Shanghai and Zhouzhuang leaves every 2-3 hours. The ticket is about CNY 20.
May 14, 2012 16:58
GUESTJKCAL Hi,

I need some guidance, can someone help?

I would like to leave Shanghai on Thurs. 11/22/12 to Huangshan and return to Shanghai on Sat. 11/24/12 to catch the 7 p.m. flight from Pudong airport.

1. What is the most efficient way to get to Huangshan from Shanghai, bus or train? Which bus or train?
2. Any recommendation on not too expensive lodging at the top of Huangshan? I am on a budget.
3. At what time I should head back to Shanghai and via what kind of transportation? Or should I catch the overnight bus or train to Shanghai on Friday night?

Thank you much.
May 14, 2012 21:27
  • SUNNYDREAM
GUESTJKCAL,

1. I suggest you take long distance bus at Shanghai South Long Distance Bus Station. It costs almost the same as the train but takes less time (Bus 6.5 hours and Train more than 11 hours). By the way, you will be brought to the tourist distribution center in Huangshan Scenic Area directly.

Ticket: CNY 148 Schedule: 06:38, 07:58, 09:08 and 14:25

2 Take overnight train from Huangshan to Shanghai.
May 15, 2012 18:05
GUESTJKCAL Thank you SunnyDream. Do you have any suggestion for lodging in Huangshan?
May 15, 2012 18:21
GUESTJKCAL I also need to know is there room to store my luggage on the train or check in luggage? How big is the storage space? Thank you.
May 15, 2012 18:32
GUESTFAMILY Hi,

This is my first time traveling in China with family. I wonder if anyone has experiences traveling with 2 small children, 2 & 4 yrs., to Huangshan, I need some information:

1. Would train or bus be better?
2. How safe and clean is it with China Rail system in China.
3. Is there room to storage or check in baggage on the train?

Thank you.
May 16, 2012 01:27
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTJKCAL

I also need to know is there room to store my luggage on the train or check in luggage? How big is the storage space? Thank you.

Yes, you can store your luggage on the train. According to the rules, your luggage should be less than 20 Kg and the length of each luggage's three sides needs to be less than 160 cm.

Do not worry. The luggage rack is above your seat. As long as the three sides of your luggage is less than 160cm, your luggage can be put in the rack.
May 16, 2012 01:29
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTJKCAL

Thank you SunnyDream. Do you have any suggestion for lodging in Huangshan?

I am sorry that I have no idea about the lodging on Yellow Mountain.
May 16, 2012 01:35
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTFAMILY View Post

Hi,

This is my first time traveling in China with family. I wonder if anyone has experiences traveling with 2 small children, 2 & 4 yrs., to Huangshan, I need some information:

1. Would train or bus be better?
2. How safe and clean is it with China Rail system in China.
3. Is there ...

1. Bus is faster than train. If you are in a hurry, bus is the best choice.

2. You do not worry about the safety on the train. The conditions of the sleeping carriages are much better than the hard-seat carriages.

The sleeping carriage has hard berth room and soft berth room. Usually, there are six people in the hard berth room and four people in the soft berth room.

The soft berth condition are much better than that on hard berth. The soft berth ticket is more expensive than the hard berth ticket.

3. I answered this question in another post.
Page 5 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Huangshan on a weekend
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code