Menu
Shanghai to Huangshan on a weekend
May 17, 2012 00:48
GUESTJKCAL SunnyDream, you have been a great help, thanks!
May 24, 2012 17:37
GUESTKELLY Hi Sunnydream!

We are planning to go huangshan via bus this sunday.Is the bus timing you provided here are up-to-date?

Do we have to get the bus tix earlier or on the spot? For 2 persons.
Thanks in advance for your reply!
May 27, 2012 00:45
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTKELLY

Hi Sunnydream!

We are planning to go huangshan via bus this sunday.Is the bus timing you provided here are up-to-date?

Do we have to get the bus tix earlier or on the spot? For 2 persons.
Thanks in advance for your reply!

The bus schedule is from the official website of the Shanghai South Long Distance Bus Station. I checked again and it has no change.

I suggest you get the bus station a bit earlier in case of some emergent situation.
May 28, 2012 01:35
GUESTVIVI Hi, i want to go to Huangshan mt. this Saturday and stay 1 night on Huangshan mt. but I have some question about how should i go there?
1. which choice is better? going from Shanghai to Huangshan by train or by bus?

2.If i go by train, is it clean?

3.if i go by bus, which station should i drop? I search from the internet and found that i have to go to Huangshan scenic area station but what is this station called in Chinese? And is it a right station to take off if i want to go to Yungu Station cable car?

4. from the drop off bus station, is it far from there to Huangshan mt.?

5. Do i need to buy a ticket back from Huangshan to Shanghai in advance?

6. what is the best way to come back from Huangshan to Shanghai? Should i come back by train or should i go to Hangzhou from Huangshan and then take a high speed train back to Shanghai?
Jun 18, 2012 11:34
GUESTEVE I hv plan visiting Huangsan , start from Shanghai on Thursday and leave for Beijing on Saturday.
How to manage my trip?
- which better going by bus or train or flight?
- How to reach the top of Huangsan from Tunxi
- Is there the flight from Huangsan (tunxi) direct to Beijing?

Thanks alot
Jun 18, 2012 20:29
GUEST990 Steve,

I suggest you take long distance bus at SHanghai South Long Distance Bus Station. It is next to the Shanghai South Railway Station. The bus will bring you to the Tourist Distribution Center in the Huangshan Scenic Area.

If you arrive in Tunxi, you have to take bus to Tangkou first and then take sightseeing bus or taxi to Huangshan Scenic Area. I suggest you take the sight-seeing bus.

There is a flight from Huangshan to Beijing. It departs at 21:30.
Nov 4, 2012 12:19
  • JENNYBEA
Hi! I have a question about Huangshan, too.

I was told that you could spend the night at a cheaper hotel by the mountainfoot(summit hotels being expensive), and then hike up for the sunrise in four hours. Is this true, and is this doable in the end of december? would it not be freezing and the sun rising in the middle of the night? is it worth going up in the dark if its that cold?

Thanks for any help!
Nov 4, 2012 21:11
GUEST6563
Quote:

Originally Posted by JENNYBEA View Post

Hi! I have a question about Huangshan, too.

I was told that you could spend the night at a cheaper hotel by the mountainfoot(summit hotels being expensive), and then hike up for the sunrise in four hours. Is this true, and is this doable in the end of december? would it not be freezing and the sun rising in the middle of the ni...

This is true. Some bold men might do it successfully. But I won't suggest you do this. There is no lamp in the mountain at night. It is dangerous. In winter, if the snow falls, it will be much more dangerous.
Page 6 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Huangshan on a weekend
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code