Menu
Swimming naked in the scenic area, right or wrong?
Jul 5, 2008 01:50
  • KATRINA
According to the report, the Dadonghai Scenic Area in Sanya has become a nude swimming resort since many people go there to swim nakedly. At the peak time, about 400 or 500 people swim nakedly together in the sea. This phenomenon has attracted many people's attention. You see, Chinese people are very traditional and conservative. Thus, many people oppose to swim in public. In their opinions, those who swim nakedly in public must have some mental problems.

What do you think of this phenomenon? Should they swim nakedly in the public place?
Jul 5, 2008 03:47
  • JABAROOTOO
I was in Sanya, staying in Dadonghai two years ago and was quite surprised to see Chinese men sunbathing and swimming nude on the northern end of the beach.

It appeared to me that they had been doing this for some period of time and it seemed acceptable to the rest of the visitors to the beach who spent their time on the other and much nicer end of the beach.

Jul 5, 2008 03:51
  • JABAROOTOO
I must admit I was drawn to that end of the beach because of the people only to discover the reason there were no crowds.

<At the peak time, about 400 or 500 people swim nakedly together in the sea.>

My visit was in January.

What is considered the 'peak time' and what Nationality were the nude bathers????????????

Jul 5, 2008 03:54
  • LIONPOWER
Kathy,
You are judging the people from your Chinese traditional and conservative mind but the swimmer have no attention on it as its normal to them. See other beaches in the world except the conservative Muslim countries.
Take it easy and pass the caravan.
Jul 5, 2008 09:13
  • WCTMAN
Nude beaches are wonderfully liberating. I have been to one at the U of BC in Canada. Nobody is staring, nobody is doing anything sexual. This beach is on the tip of a penisula, so signs are posted warning those who may stroll "up" the beach, and signs are also posted for those who may wander "down" the beach, towards the more public, non nudist area. If works great for all concerned.
Jul 5, 2008 18:13
GUESTSASSSSS... (((Nude beaches are wonderfully liberating.)))

Liberating, of what?
Jul 5, 2008 20:58
  • GRIZ326
We were all born naked; society clothed us.

I have been to nude beaches and hot springs a number of times. Calling the experience "liberating" is a bunch of psycho-babble.

It is my opinion that nude sunbathing and swimming is entirely out of line if done by a foreigner "because it is the way they do it." Travelers should be respectful of other cultures.
Jul 5, 2008 23:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi everyone,
I am still waiting to hear from Katrina what nationality the Nudists were. Were they foreigners???? Or were they locals.

Griz
I agree with you that it is inappropriate for foreigners to do this in China.

but these leathery old walrus's in my photo are all "MADE IN CHINA'

The spot on the beach where they congregate everyday is next to a Naval Base and I wondered if they were 'Old Salts' although some of them appear to be younger. They spend the best part of the day, the hottest part of the day there, which is strange because most Chinese have a severe aversion to the sun, taking every opportunity to cover up.

Jul 7, 2008 01:47
  • DODGER
I’ve only ever gone to a nude beach once and found the whole experience uncomfortable.
Your arse gets burnt and you end up with sand everywhere.
The girl I was with thought it was great. I think she liked getting perved at.
JB, if this beach is next to a naval base then perhaps these old salts are looking for some action. But it could just be my filthy mind at work.
Dodger.
Jul 7, 2008 08:54
  • WCTMAN
By liberating is meant that there are no pretentions or pretentious people on a nude beach. You are what and who you are when you stand there for all to see. And, for those who have not as yet done so, nude beaches are not full of muscle builders and movie actresses. Just regular people.
Jul 7, 2008 09:14
  • JCNILE123
I am sure most of us here are "just regular people", the majority for fact.

Raise your hand YOU the regular people that thinks going nude it is "liberating".

(((You are what and who you are when you stand there for all to see)))

Who wants’ to see a bag of weir stuff, stuff in to a deform sack of human waste?

This is scramble eggs as brains after many years of drugs using fried heads.

He, he,

Jcnile.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Swimming naked in the scenic area, right or wrong?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code