Menu
suicide,right or wrong?
Jul 8, 2008 23:13
  • SONIA1985
Suicide rate is rising rapidly,IMO Suicide is wrong in the regard that people should not be allowed to own their own persons. That is, humans should not think of themselves out of a unit. However, if the unit instructed it then suicide would be alright; yet, I do not believe it would be right for a unit to instruct it.

However, in the modern world, suicide is not bad if the situation one is suiciding for is against an unchangeable oppression; for instance, the slaves who drown themselves on their way to America during early slavery had committed suicide in a manner that I respect . . . the person who suicides for love however is stupid.

What's your opinion on suicide? Is it morally wrong? Does it have anything to do with morality at all? What causes someone to make the decision to end their own life? Is it ever a correct decision? How would you prevent suicide and reduce it?
Jul 9, 2008 04:45
  • DODGER
“IMO Suicide is wrong in the regard that people should not be allowed to own their own persons”
“However, if the unit instructed it then suicide would be alright”
Sonia, I’m speechless………..
Dodger.
Jul 9, 2008 07:02
  • DAVEC
I have experienced suicide first hand and believe me its not good. My father took his own life. The details of which are not for this forum.
I understand why he did what he did but it does not make it right. His life was his own and not for anyone else to decide.

Sonia, 'humans should not think outside of a unit, if the unit instructed the suicide would be right' . I am with Dodger on this one, I am completely speechless. Where on earth could a statement come from like that?

People who commit suicide usually feel so low that there is no other option for them, society can sometimes be to blame for too much pressure. Unless anyone has felt that way and attempted suicide then we cant really guess as to whats going on in their mind.
Jul 9, 2008 08:45
  • LIONPOWER
Sonia,
I am very sorrowful to see this thread.
Why you originate such a topic?
Jul 9, 2008 11:46
  • YINDUFFY
Christianity teaches that suicide is a mortal sin (very serious offense against God's wishes) and as bad as murder. It is not to be encouraged or condoned. Some people consider suicide to be "taking the easy way out" instead of facing up to difficulties.
It is an emotional topic and generates strong feelings.
Human life is sacred and has value , it should not be taken lightly. Depression and/or other causes of suicide are studied and treated to prevent suicides.
If someone believes in reincarnation, they may be more accepting of suicide as some believe that by ending one life, the person would "start over" in a different life. Christian teachings refer to one life that you must live properly and at the end, you will have to account for any misdeeds. (suicide being one example of a misdeed.)
Jul 9, 2008 13:37
  • JCNILE123
Suicide is the back exit door for losers and people with an empty soul.

God’s emptiness, that is.

Jcnile.
Jul 11, 2008 03:24
  • DAVEC
A bit harsh to say that people who choose suicide are losers.
Jul 11, 2008 08:14
  • JCNILE123
(((A bit harsh)))

Dave,
Probably yes!

However, my reference is purposely directed to the ones alive; rather than the ones that are gone.
As you are alive, going for suicide as a choice to solve your problems, is a way to terminate life with out finishing it.

I rather encourage the ones thinking about suicide, not to give up, and focus on the need to stay alive for the good of the ones that will suffer the after effects of the action taken.

Life has a purpose, and is not over until is over!

Life is a soccer game and you are going in knowing well that you can loose the match, however you must finish it.

There is always a tomorrow for a rematch.

I respect the dead, it do not matter how they die.

All of my words “are directed to the ones alive”.

Jcnile.
Aug 8, 2008 01:33
GUEST22711 I know that I am a loser.... my life has been a waste of time... nothing accomplished, misfit, no meaninful relationships, born without a brain, low paying job, no confidence, no self esteem... no hopes, no dreams, no interests, no hobbies, all I do is work saving what I can for what... old age with little money and single??? I've been off drugs for 14 years.... why couldn't I have OD? I hate God.

What are some good strong drugs that will be the same as lethal injection... put me to sleep and stop my heart.... I don't want to leave a mess behind by using my glock.
Aug 8, 2008 04:52
GUEST1301 GUEST22711,
Why do you feel so depressed? Everyone is special. Each of us has a role to play in the world. I recommend you to watch the movie" It's A Wonderful Life". No matter how seemingly insignificant you are, you mean a lot to your friends and family.
Aug 8, 2008 21:39
  • SONIA1985
Hi GUEST22711
living in the world is an enough reason to cheer up,there are a lot of cheering things in our life except money and love(since you said you are with little money and single),how about friendship?how about your hobbies?Are you interested in anything?What is your goal?
You are working saving,I had to say you are lucky since you had a work,Do you know there are millions of people are hunting for job?Do you know there are millions of people are dieing because of starve?
I think you you are not a loser though yourself think so,what you need was just confidence about yourself and your life.....still the same sentence"living in the world is an enough reason to cheering up,,,as for me,giving a coin to a begger will cheer me up,chatting with my friends will cheer me up,read a good story will cheer me up,looking at my dog biting will cheer me up ,looking at a beautiful flower will cheer me up,....lot of things to enjoy in life...GUEST22711 ,why not try to look at things in a positive way,you will found your life are not such bad
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: suicide,right or wrong?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code