Menu
Guilin to Yangshuo by water ?
Jul 19, 2008 22:53
  • SEEKER2K
hi

how long does a boat ride (cruise?) from Guilin to Yangshuo take ?

is it a couple hours or days ?

in general should i make plans to stay overnight, or more in Yangshuo and then come back to Guilin for a flight out ?

tips, advice and pointers appreciated. i read the tourguides but i also like peoples input on these things.
Jul 20, 2008 03:45
  • ELLYSE
Couple of hours.
The bamboo rafting near Yangshuo is much nicer and less touristy though.
Jul 21, 2008 20:42
  • SEEKER2K
you are full of good tips Ellyse, I love the daytour for the Great Wall you pointed out to me.

Could you please enlighten me further as far as this Bamboo Rafting near Yangshuo goes ? Also, how is the weather there in late October ? Still warm enough for rafting ?

Feel free to add anymore links or tips for the Guilin / Yangshuo area, I see you are a backpacking / trekking kind of person so you probably know a lot of the stuff I am looking for that is a bit difficult to find on my own.

Thanks
Jul 22, 2008 03:51
  • ELLYSE
Look on http://www.yangers.com instead. Alf is a great resource for anything to do with Yangshuo. :)
Jul 22, 2008 23:22
  • BINGOCHINA
well , I have stay in guilin for couple years , of course , I recommet you should take cruise from guilin MOPANSHAN pier to yangshou, it take about 4 hours ,but it very worth to do that ,it is the highlight of guilin landscape .
then you should take 2 or more day in yangshou count
Jul 22, 2008 23:51
  • ELLYSE
I don't recommend the Guilin -- Yangshuo cruise... unless if you're a Chinese tourist?!
Jul 23, 2008 23:00
  • BINGOCHINA
your idear is that the li cruise not fit for the foreigner??? Think about it, why so many national leader enjoy it? who know almost each president of united state visit li river cruise?
Jul 23, 2008 23:59
  • ELLYSE
You don't seem to understand that not every traveller enjoys Chinese mass tourism.
Jul 24, 2008 20:45
  • PHILWILLIAMS
I agree with Ellyse, Skip the Cattle boat, just catch a bus from the Guilin train station (10RMB) and head to Yangshuo... From there you can rent a bike and ride along the Li river or to the smaller Yulong and ride the Bamboo raft (over priced at 100 must bargain)... You can also catch a bus from Yangshuo to Xinping and catch a boat from there (where most of the good mountains are...

I agree that Yangers is a good, yet simple site for info.... It is run by me old friend Alf's (of Buffalo bar fame) a must visit bar on a side street off of the main tourist drag called west street.... If you go to see Alf he can give you the 1040 on Yangshuo, he has lived there for many years...
Jul 24, 2008 22:14
  • ELLYSE
Wow, 100 RMB for the bamboo raft is too much? My poor travel companion paid 160 RMB for it a couple of years back...
Jul 26, 2008 13:31
  • SEEKER2K
thanks guys, lots of good useful stuff.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Guilin to Yangshuo by water ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code