Menu
Which western country is the most similar to china?
Jul 26, 2008 16:35
guest35877 I have been to north America and a few European countries. What reminds me of China most is Italy... An Italian guy who had lived in China for years also thinks these two countries are alike.

For example: nobody cares for red lights; staff on service are rude; people sing songs while walking in streets; nobody speaks English, there is polution in major cities...
On ther other hand: food is super; urban life is pleasant; historical sites are overwhelming...
Jul 26, 2008 21:42
  • DODGER
I would have chosen Italy as well.
Don’t I forget the long lunches and the afternoon nap..
Dodger.
Jul 27, 2008 00:10
  • APAULT
But really, should we cound Italy as a western country?
Jul 27, 2008 03:37
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Thats hilarious
Jul 27, 2008 06:52
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes it's hilariously true but don't tell the Italians we think so.

And they can't decide which came first __ noodles or spagetti, jiaozi or ravioli

Jul 27, 2008 13:19
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Thats a very interesting point that you make, Jabarootoo. I am Chinese but my cousin married an Italian guy who fiercely claims that Italians perfected the use of Noodles, Jiaozi and the tomato. Perhaps Italy is more like China.
Jul 27, 2008 18:48
  • MARRIE
I know a residential area where live most italians and hongkongnese. we know an italian, gino, noisy, like joking on ???, 5 children-the oldest one is in high school, the youngest one is one year old. but he's a good guy overall. i hear on spring festival, he usually takes day off for entertaining, eating in Chinese Mall...

We could share some traits that are not that admirable. But guys, China is so large with quite different customes in different regions. Tell you something, Chinese parents usually remind their children not to marry a boy or a girl who came from different provinces or city because different living habits and values could cause troubles in family life...
Jul 31, 2008 05:00
  • AL32
Yes, this is one of the funniest topic I've seen here ever. Hehe!

Marrie: don't take this too seriously...; "Chinese parents usually remind their children not to marry a boy or a girl who came from different provinces or city because different living habits and values could cause troubles in family life... " ...now you are scaring me; I still have to win over my Chinese in-laws!!...

As for the main topic: I don't know, although very shocking to think at first, Italy seems to make sense, but many or all of the arguments presented could also apply to some South American countries as well...

But one thing that set Italy and China appart is the way the cops are: Italian cops only loook at girls all day, almost ignoring guys asking them a question (that happened to me..) and Chinese cops, well, I don't know what they do all day...do they do anything at all??? hehe!!
Jul 31, 2008 09:35
  • DODGER
Funny Al and welcome back.
Dodger.
Jul 31, 2008 14:44
  • CARLOS
Chinese, as well as orient people overall are known as "stonefaces". Seems like nothing disturbs their inner peace.
Italian are "all heart". By that I don´t mean they are very hearty people but they react very powerfully to even those tiny things happen in every day life.
I know only one Italian man, but he really is "Italian"

Never been to Italy so can´t say anything about similarities.

Carlos
Aug 6, 2008 20:49
  • SONIA1985
I heard this opinion from somewhere monthes before..

Marrie,it is ture that most of Chinese parents usually remind their children not to marry a boy or a girl who came from different provinces or city because different living habits and values could cause troubles in family life... But I am sorta lucky since my parents never mention about this ,,,I prefer to get someone who has little different with me in living habits and values...once we love each other and understand each other,,those little different might become lot of funny episode in our life
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which western country is the most similar to china?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code