Menu
Plastic surgery—another accessory in South Korea
Aug 6, 2008 01:49
  • SUMMERSNOW
I read an article at Finanical Times. The article was titled "South Korea Women see short cut to success through cosmetic surgery". Cosmetic surgery is a commonplace in South Korea. According to a survey, about 62% of twentysomething women in Korea have ever undergone plastic surgery. Even the Korean President Roh Moo-hyn has ever undergone double eyelid surgery.

In South Korea, plastic surgery has beceom another fashion assory for men and women. Appearance is promoted to an unprecedented high importance. To some people, plastic surgery is the shortcut to success. A new “lookism” prevails in South Korea.

Do you identify with plastic surgery? Will you undergo plastic surgery if you are rich enough to afford it ?

Aug 6, 2008 20:16
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I have natural double eyelids but it wasn't a big deal from where I'm from because almost everyone has them.

I never considered plastic surgery. I don't think it's going to help me in anyway. Yea, I am that hopeless. O_o

However, if people want to have it, that is their life and their money. Yup. South Korea is plastic surgery capital of the world. Heard at lot of them are concentrated at Apgujeong in Seoul. It is said that almost all of the Korean celebrities you see on TV had been under the knife at least once.

Aug 6, 2008 21:38
  • KATRINA
Summersnow says " A new “lookism” prevails in South Korea.

Lookism prevails in China too. People tend to judge others only on their appearance. In the job interviews, the interviewers often discrimate on appearance.
Aug 11, 2008 19:57
  • SUNNYDREAM
I can accept the fact that Korean girls go under the life. Why do Korean men also undergo plastic surgery? Having a trace of wrinkle on their faces make men look more attractive.
Jul 20, 2011 01:31
  • RENAGRAHAM
Sometime people would get some curse which they never expect to have. However in your case, you got your jaws damaged that is genetic or you can say that this could happen due to heredity. the only available option for you is to go under the cosmetic surgery, because it can bless you amazingly and can gives you freedom from all your curse.

so i say that cosmetic surgery is not that bad, it just how you see it.
Jul 27, 2011 01:58
  • BBQQ
Now you know why the stars in the South Korean movies look so handsome and beautiful.
Aug 2, 2011 19:57
for me plastic surgery is the last thing I would do on my face.. I would still want my natural beauty. I will only choose to undergo plastic surgery if my face has been damaged.
Post a Reply to: Plastic surgery—another accessory in South Korea
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code