Menu
A brave girl in this forum
Aug 9, 2008 10:27
  • CHRISFAB
I agree it is wrong,they're not the 1 who will live w/the partners.Marriage is a "forever" thing,it's sacred,at least w/the country i am in now.Here in Cebu, Philippines they treat marriage a sacred thing.I am in a film school here studying to be an actress.www.filmschool.ph
Aug 9, 2008 21:57
  • SHESGOTTOBE
An arranged marriage is not a love-based marriage, that’s why it is arranged, for the interests of the two families. In some (not all) families, the ‘couple’ is told, not consulted. Once the two families agreed, they have to marry, no questions asked.

Many family-arranged marriages do look ‘solid’ on the surface. However, for some, the thing that keeps it intact is the fear that breaking it up is a disgrace to the whole family, a loss of face for everyone. It shouldn’t matter if your husband has 20 mistresses or he beats you up every time he is drunk, you are supposed to stick with him for the sake of the family.

Marriages in western society seem so fragile because nobody would put up with suffering, most especially if it has something to do with infidelity, sloppy/irresponsible spouse, abuse or in laws from hell.

As for which one is right or wrong, my personal opinion is that it depends on the individual. I don’t think arranged marriages are forced (or any marriage for that matter) because arranged or not, the person still makes the choice to accept or not.
Aug 9, 2008 22:40
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, SHE
Arrange marriage not forced, have many option to chose, talk, discuss etc. Here main point of view, in arrange marriage many people involved, so in any case of divorce or brake up, every body try to solve the problem and not to divorced.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A brave girl in this forum
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code