chopsticks
Sep 16, 2008 00:46
GUESTJOHN Hi Davec
who made the chopsticks?
=)

?
Dec 5, 2009 21:32
  • KINGPO100
eating with the sticks, one should remember tweezers and the fulcrum is at crook between thumb and index finger, once you get this picture in your minds eye, you will be using in 15 minutes, easy for 10 year old. remember sticks are not only tweezer type tool but also can stab large pieces of meat and veggies, no sin here, do not point with them, be clean, eating rice first ask how old is rice should be clumped not fluffed as americans require, this is a joke to asianatics in truth. Dont try to eat won tons with sticks ask for scoop is allowed and normal, dont be a soup slurpper, can offend someone.
Dec 5, 2009 21:55
  • KINGPO100
the sticks have been in existence in one form or another for nearly 5,000 years and was first believed used by pre canaan tribe that migrated from what is now Northern part of Saudia Arabia, in truth one off the first utencils ever used evolved in to other tools and weapons once we figured out fingers were tools that could grasp other tools. i.e. weapons, iconics symbols and away we go. No original usage was not by orientals as pizza was not first in Italy we thank China for this dish also. Many things that befuddle ignorant ( not knowing, does not mean stupid) people. Dr. S.K., Ph.D Columbia Univ.
Dec 11, 2009 01:30
  • OLIVIALEE
spoon is a chioce too, no?
it's very esay to use that two sticks if you just use it and concentrate in one thought: I got to pick up sth.!!! I am damn hungry!
the fact is, I'm Chinese to the bone, but can't do good with that two sticks.
Especially when I pay extra attention on what's the correct way of managing it... but I find that only make me even worse in using the chopsticks~
Dec 16, 2009 21:06
  • JIMMYB
Well, you can practice picking up peanuts with the chopsticks. At the beginning, you might feel frustrated but you would feel very happy when you could use chopsticks very well.
Mar 21, 2010 10:10
GUESTSANDOR People,
I think that is not offensive to anyone not to know typical and original signs of a Country where we are as tourist or visitors. What is a sign of bad education and almost ignorance any imposition of tradictions to others. We must offer respect and hospitality, and forgive when someone is not deliberatelymaking mistakes due his/her origin. Of course, something barely offensive to the symbols, the national pride or features of the culture that identify the visited Country should be scolded as unmannered. Nowhere people with a bit of common sense is going to take as insults whatever expression, gesture, or move. We are consistent with our own education and values. Wise people know how to differentiate an offense from a blend behavior with no intention of harm anyone or any local values.
thank you.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: chopsticks
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code