Menu
Two nameless heroines of Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony!
Aug 12, 2008 02:19
  • JIMMYB
The opening ceremony of Beijing Olympic Games has greatly impressed us. To prepare for it, many people have sacrificed too much. Here are two nameless heroines.

No.1 Yang Peiyi. We must remember that little girl who sang "Ode to the Motherland" at the opening ceremony. Her name is Lin Miaoke. Right now, she has been known to everyone. However, that song actually was not sung by Lin Miaoke. It was sung by Yang Peiyi, another little. Because she is not as beautiful as Lin Miaoke, she wasn't chosen to perform at the opening ceremony.

Yang Peiyi (Left) and Lin Miaoke (Right).

Aug 12, 2008 02:27
  • JIMMYB
No.2 Liu Yan. She almost lost her life during the rehearsal of the opening ceremony. Liu is an excellent dancer. Did you remember "Silk Road" one of the episodes of the opening ceremony? Originally, Liu was the solo dancer of "Silk Road". Unfortunately, she got hurt badly during the rehearsal. Now she suffers from high-paraplegia. Maybe, she will be in bed in her rest life.

I felt very sad when reading the news.

Aug 12, 2008 02:30
  • JIMMYB
Pay my respect to them. They really have sacrificed too much. There will be no success of Beijing Olympics opening ceremony without those nameless's heroine's efforts.
Aug 12, 2008 08:33
GUEST16250 Yang Peiyi should have been the one on stage. Her voice, her moment. How sad that it was all about looks instead of talent.
Aug 12, 2008 09:00
GUESTALICE The story of the sweet little girl with the beautiful voice really touched my heart. What a shame her county can't, or won't appreciate the beauty in her childs face the way the rest of the world can. As for Liu Yan, now that is truly a tragedy. Does China appreciate what she has sacrificed so that they would look perfect in the eyes of the world? I pray for her recovery.
Aug 12, 2008 11:52
GUEST57222 I didn't know this before, but i would say that Yang Pei Yi is the little heroine. How do you explain to a little girl like this that she is "not good enough" because she is not "pretty enough?".

As for Liu Yan, she should publicly demand at least 10 million rmb as compensation from the Beijing Olympic Organizing Committee.
Aug 12, 2008 20:40
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Was it really necessary to sacrifice these two people? What for?

I am just one of the 6 billion people in this world but I was not expecting a show where people had to be sacrificed. Ah, how sad.
Aug 12, 2008 20:41
  • SHESGOTTOBE
By the way, 10 million yuan is not enough. They should support her financially for the rest of her life. They should pay for all her medical needs for the rest of her life. Even that is not enough compensation.
Aug 12, 2008 21:03
  • KUNGFUPANDA
Why not let Yang Peiyi appear on the stage? She is not ugly. As for Lin Miaoke, she is beautiful. However, we shouldn't allow a little girl to do lip-synch on such a important occasion.

I am very sorry for Liu Yan. She has sacrifced too much. Her dancing career is over now. If she couldn't stand up again, she would stay in bed for the rest of her life.
Aug 12, 2008 23:19
  • JSUMMERS83
I know we always tend to try to create heroes out of tragedies (for examples, refer to the recent earthquake), and I believe that Liu Yan fits that profile.

The same cannot be said for the Yang/Lin ordeal. Her being replaced was not a tragedy, it was an unnecessary mistake. Spinning it into a heroine story only masks the reality that an error in judgment was made and should be owned up to.
Aug 13, 2008 14:10
GUEST24856 Hi:

I am a Chinese American in Texas. The director of the game opening is a famous film director. In movie business, It is prety common practice to use one person to play as actor and another person with the voice. Sometimes, some fight scene was played by another person. What is the big deal? China never try to cover it up. China provided this information to public. The director's goal is to provide a great show to the people of the whole world. These anti- Chinese people, who claimed anti China Coomunist, use these non senses to attacked Chinese people. Chinese people spent the most money than any previous country for this game. Such as China built brand new olympic village and charge $0 for the world. China offered free transportation as well. Be grateful. Americans did not this level of free service in the past, nor would the British people in four years. Be civil and be friendly.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Two nameless heroines of Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code