Menu
Age does have something to do with having affairs!
Aug 18, 2008 03:12
  • KATRINA
According to a new study, “The likelihood of a man having had an affair increases with age, and reaches a peak when a man is about 55 years old. It then decreases with age. For women, the peak is 45 years old.”

It also says those who want to have an affair will calculate the benefits (economical and biological factors). As for women, "they weigh factors including financial stability, education and whether the man is a good candidate to father a child." But men are different. However, men make no such assessments.

The study also found:

Upper-class women are 8 percent more likely to cheat than other women, while men are equally likely to cheat among all economic classes.

Men who have gone to college are 3 percent less likely to have an affair than other men, while educational status has no impact among women.

Unhappy men are 13 percent more likely to have an affair, while unhappy women are 10 percent more likely to do so.

Religious women are 4 percent less likely to cheat, while religion has no impact on whether men have an affair.

Do you agree with what the study has revealed?

(Source: The Asian Age and US.News).

Aug 19, 2008 17:16
  • DAVEC
I am 41, never went to college,never went to university, middle class, had good education and have good job, I am not religious, have never had an affair and never will. how does that fit into the stats?
Aug 19, 2008 19:34
  • SHESGOTTOBE
This is one thing I do not understand. Getting into an affair is like picking up a rock and repeatedly hitting your head with it. And then some relish the fact that they are the victims/offended party of affairs. Maybe some people are just naturally masochistic. *shrug*
Aug 20, 2008 20:24
  • BBQQ
She, perhaps it is men's nature. You see, there are many examples that show those who engaged in affairs have come to bad end. However, there are still many men that want to have affairs. By the way, women also have affairs. Even they know there is no good end, they still want to try.
Aug 21, 2008 06:17
  • APAULT
Now I know what my problem has been - I have been too happy!

Let's remember that affairs are actually an important boilogical feature of survival for most species, humans included. The more you spread yourself around the more chance your genes will be carried forward. So the 'more ruthless' you are at this.... !!!!
Aug 22, 2008 22:15
  • AL32
"they weigh factors including financial stability, education and whether the man is a good candidate to father a child" ---> I just don't get this one: why would a woman think about this??? an affair is not a business of getting another child or monetary support..

And as far as the 3% more prone to it if college education or even the 4% religious: this is BS; these numbers means nothing statistically; no survey is that precise.

The way I see it, affairs are comparable to drugs or alcohol to many; it's a temptation that you never know when you will fall for. Some might be stronger to fight it, some might never have the stars aligned for it, some might always be looking for it and some others might think that their moral values will prevent them to fall for it; might work/might not...

You never know what life will bring to you and how you will react to it. That light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes a train coming...
Post a Reply to: Age does have something to do with having affairs!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code