Menu
Men, can’t you do the housework?
Aug 20, 2008 03:22
  • JANE01
Speaking of the housework, men always think that housework is women’s monopoly. Washing clothes, cooking and cleaning burden women. Why should these chores be women’s duty?

What do men do at home when women were doing the housework? They either lied on the sofa watching TV or socking.

Now that women can make money and share the burden of raising a family, why shouldn’t men share their wives’ housework?

Those men who love cooking and sharing the wives’ housework is a gem. How many men are willing to cook for their wives? How many men are willing to share the housework? Few!

Men, can’t you do the housework?

Aug 20, 2008 04:57
  • YEMMIE
I agree that both should do their fair share of everything, so not only should men help with the housework, but women should help keep the home in good repair (inside and out), help with yard work, repair appliances, etc. Now obviously not everyone knows how to do all of these things, so there is nothing wrong with dividing up tasks. Then, for those items that neither can do, you hire someone with the necessary expertise.
Aug 22, 2008 11:39
  • AL32
I am not every man... Men are not all the same. I do housework; always did since the day I left my mom's house to go to college...and that was a few years ago... I've have a few relationships and I would even advance that I probably did more in the house than the women I lived with (one at a time; before Dodger or Griz ask...hehe!) I think that many guys my age are like me and maybe even more true with younger guys...

There's that old macho joke that goes:

I do all the dirty jobs in the house and my wife gets all the clean jobs:
I get the clothes, the toilet and every dirty and my wife cleans everything ;-p
Aug 22, 2008 16:16
  • DAVEC
I am not keen on housework but will do my share, As for cooking, I am a good cook, havent met a woman yet who is as good as me.

on the subject of jokes.
Why do women have smaller feet than men?
Its an evolution thing, allows them to stand closer to the sink, washing machine, etc etc

Why do women wear white when they get married?
All kitchen appliances come in white.

ooh, i'm gonna get some flack for those.
Aug 22, 2008 21:33
  • DODGER
There’s an old saying “why keep a dog and bark yourself?’
Dodger.
Aug 23, 2008 21:04
  • LEONARDO
Jane01 is stereotyping all men.

To speak for myself, I would never mind doing housework since I was about 10. My mom was a teacher, and she was often quite busy at school. I helped her to do their housework in my power. I washed my clothes on my own since I was at Junior Middle School.
Aug 23, 2008 21:42
  • SHESGOTTOBE
You are a gem, Leonardo. Your mother is a lucky one. ^_^
Aug 24, 2008 11:07
  • YINDUFFY
A marriage is a compromise. Usually there is also a clear definition of responsibility. I change the oil in the cars, cut the grass and fix things around the house ( besides working a 9 hour day). My wife vacuums and does the laundry. ( She gets mad when I do the laundry. I don't know why.) We each make meals at times and each puts their own things away.
I have heard women complain about how their husband seems to think they are his Mommy. Well, his mommy cooked his meals and cleaned his clothes and the house. Why should his wife not do that?
Aug 24, 2008 23:00
  • LEONARDO
Thanks, Shesgottobe!
Actually, I have two elder sisters. When they were at home, I had the few chances to do the cooking and laundry. My mother and two sisters wouldn't ask me to do the housework if they were not busy. At school, we seldom learn 'domestic economy'.

>>I have heard women complain about how their husband seems to think they are his Mommy. Well, his mommy cooked his meals and cleaned his clothes and the house. Why should his wife not do that? <<

Yinduffy, very interesting! The wive's thought is understandable: " I am your wife, not your mummy!"LOL!
Aug 25, 2008 04:26
  • SONIA1985
wel..i think it depends ,The free one should do the most of the housework while the busy one doesn't have time for that.....If i were a man ,i wouldn;t let my wife to do those dirty housework or hard work like cutting grass,repairing appliances....I am a woman,i wouldn;t ask my husband to share my work while he is busy,but i won't he happy if he is not busy anything and just lied on the sofa watching TV ,watching me busy with housework whole day....
Aug 25, 2008 19:04
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I agree 1000%, Sonia. Since many couples are both working or have careers, it is only fair that both would help each other with the house chores and the kids if they have some. If all a man wants is someone who would clean the house, wash his clothes and cook for him, he is better off hiring a maid. At least he can fire her and he doesn't have to pay spousal support. If all a woman wants is someone who would do yardwork and fix stuff around the house, she is better off hiring an all-around handyman. At least she can fire him and she doesn't have to carry that emotional baggage. O_o
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Men, can’t you do the housework?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code