Menu
Men, can’t you do the housework?
Aug 25, 2008 20:31
  • SUNNYDREAM
Those men who love cooking and sharing the wives’ housework is a gem.

Well-said. Both men and women have their own careers. They should share everything at home. Share the housework!
Aug 26, 2008 18:36
  • YINDUFFY
Every Chinese home I have visited has a very messy kitchen with cooking utensils that would make most Westerners shudder. The only "messy" housework I can think of is washing the dishes. All U.S. homes and apartments come with electric dishwashers and only big pots and pans are washed in the sink (all of which have hot water available at all times.) Clean up after a meal is quick. Maybe they are thinking of cleaning the bathroom but that is not messy.
Housework in an apartment is even less than a home as there are fewer rooms. A simple understanding of what is expected of each is all that is required. I know a hard working couple who together had a huge salary but they argued over housework in their apartment until they divorced. They should have hired a cleaning service and saved the marriage!
Aug 26, 2008 19:28
  • MARRIE
<<Every Chinese home I have visited has a very messy kitchen with cooking utensils that would make most Westerners shudder.>>

Mr. Y, how many chinese home you visited that makes you do such conclusion. I hate the kitchen with the smelth of oily curley and I believe that the people who likes to use dishwasher instead of hands mush have dirty kitchen.
Aug 26, 2008 22:47
  • SONIA1985
The free one should do the chores while the busy one no have time for that...
Aug 27, 2008 08:50
GUEST54109 The ladies are missing the point. Men do not like career women. What your man is not telling you. He who makes the gold makes the rules. You stay home your duties are to cook, clean and pamper your man
Aug 27, 2008 20:13
  • SONIA1985
A tree doesn't represent a forest,GUEST54109 You should say you don't like career women instead of talking about Men..
Aug 29, 2008 11:22
  • YINDUFFY
Marrie,
I have seven sets of in-laws in China. My wife has five older brothers and two younger sisters. I have visited all of them. Some I have stayed in for over a week at a time. Their kitchens were horrible. Cooking oil residue made everything sticky, especially the stove venting system. Windows were dirty, towels were filthy and no one cleaned the bottoms of woks or pots and pans.
Chinese families I know in the U.S. are not as bad but the stove exhausts and stove tops are always covered in grease.
They don't mind. In fact they consider it normal and are satisifed.
Aug 30, 2008 10:00
  • MARRIE
Yindiffy, people from Tibet, XingJiang, Inner Mongolia have strong body smelth because of their life style. I hear the woman there shape their hair style with the saliva and horse fat, they don't frequently take baths and wash kitchen containers using horse milk? Most men there have knives with them in daily life.

How does your wife maintain your kitchen as a girl from 108 farm located in XingJiang.
Sep 2, 2008 11:04
  • CANDON
I agree. Sharing is the key word. I'd add in perspective as well. I think when you have someone to share your life and love with, it includes sharing deep thoughts and unbounded laughter, incredible joy and deep sorrows, togetherness and independence, hard work and fun, giving and taking, open communication with some privacies. Each has a very special and key role in our relationship that grows our relationship each time we share each part, not just the easy ones. There are times that housework can be hard work and at times fun....like cleaning up and preparing a very special romantic meal for the one you love ...or cleaning house before you have all your friends over for a party or as part of the normal routine.....I think the perspective we take when looking at it can also drive our participation. I've shared housework all my life and while I can't say it is high on my list of pleasures, I get pleasure helping the one I love when they are tired or busy or doing it together and there are times I appreaciate not having to do it. I've found that sharing all the parts of life I end up with even more.....even though that was not the objective to start. Expressed appreciation also helps.
Sep 10, 2008 09:24
GUEST16438 I very like SHESGOTTOBE ideas. What u said is right.If both spouse have their own work, they should hiring a maid to do all the stuff.
Then both can relaxing and watching while the maid is doing the job.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Men, can’t you do the housework?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code