Menu
Men, can’t you do the housework?
Sep 10, 2008 21:23
  • YINDUFFY
Marrie,
Although my wife was raised in a mud brick house lit by kerosene lamps on a "pioneer farm" in Xinjiang, she lived and worked in Beijing for the ten years before I met her. She keeps things clean and learned tips from me and other Chinese families but our kitchen has a layer of grease on the kitchen cabinets and a stain on the ceiling over the stove. Spattered grease spots can be seen too. She keeps the insides of the pots and pans clean but not the bottoms. She buys cooking oil by the gallon jug. Thank goodness for the electric rice cooker!
She gets really mad if I were my shoes in the house. I have to change to slippers or slip on sneakers.
Sep 10, 2008 22:24
  • MARRIE
Yinduffy, I think you are the boss in your family and your wife is just a doer. BTW, who control family economy...
Sep 11, 2008 05:26
  • YINDUFFY
Marrie,
My wife took over the money management (she was a department head in a government office in Beijing) as soon as we got married. I call her the boss. She makes all money decisions. I just hand over to her my paycheck.
Sep 11, 2008 21:12
  • ICEBLUE
It is not "they can't", but "they are unwilling" . Most men think that the housework is trivial. They have something more important to do. Luckily, the men around me are not one of them. My father share the housework at home.
Sep 12, 2008 18:30
  • MARRIE
Men are unwilling to do kitchen jobs, but if they want to, they can do better than women. The men handing over paycheck to wife is gentlemen and it doesn't mean they are less capable in family budgeting. The fact is most of time men are more skillful in family financial planning.
Sep 18, 2008 16:33
  • ALOSTDIAMOND
I think this idea is an old fashioned one.....and in my country central government and local autonomic governments are doing since lot of years a go communication campaigns for make men participate more in the house work. Under the motto "Man, you also can!" jajaj sounds so funny.
But at least we younger generations 30 to 35 are taking an active role in our houses....and nowadays, specially here, where woman have more jobs than men (so is nothing strange that men stay home and women works as government here is doing a strong positive discrimination in political and working life) lot of men takes care of babies, clean and do all the house work or share in the case both works. Something normal. So the free one normally do the house work (that is a lot of work!)...anyway, nobody realized how nice and funny is to do house work together? or i am the only idiot to think so? (or i still have a too romantic idea of a couple?...anyway i am still single! and living in my relatives house....here seems to be so difficult day by day to live alone....at the end of this years we will reach a good number of 3.000.000 unemployed people....over a total population og 46.000.000 (only 20.000.000 active population!)..so you can imagine the big mess over there! You go everywhere and you see only women working! bus drivers....shop attendants....police...army....urban services....every where....will exist a job for us men?......at least my city is sunny all the year and lot of beaches! anyway i learn to cook a some things....to fix socks...to aironing...to turn on and program the washing machines....to clean very well the house and setup the bed....to fold dresses (and i am a good handyman)....as any young men should know to do....and studying to get my 4th language......and i will go for the 5th too! Can be i will be poor but not ignorant or lazy! jajja i think all will be useful if some day i will be an house husband! Any candidate interested? jajaja
a big salutation to all! excuse me if my english is not perfect but is not my first language, as majority of europeans, but i hope you all can read!
Sep 19, 2008 20:46
GUEST2917 Housework is a drudgery and it needs patience. Women are more patient than men.
Mar 2, 2009 01:40
GUESTV I am a man. I like to do housework, because it makes my wife happy. My wife is a student, so I want her to concentrate on her studies. I do cooking, cleaning, vaccuming, laundry etc. whatever is needed. When I see happiness on her face, that makes me happier. I love her to that extent.

Reality is that, before my wife came in my life, I was rejected by 2-3 girls because I am not tall, rich and handome in their eyes. I also have some stammering problem, which made girls to reject me. My wife accepted me as I am, never compared me with others' husbands. Now, its my turn to love her.

Mar 3, 2009 21:27
GUESTEXAS women's place is in the kitchen, now bring me my beer dammit!!
Mar 3, 2009 22:10
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Shesgottobe throws a beer can to Guestexas.

Beer can made a conking sound.

Turned out it landed on his head.

Opps... my bad....
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Mar 3, 2009 22:11
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Men, can’t you do the housework?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code