Menu
I am so sorry!
Aug 24, 2008 11:17
  • BARONTWANGLE
To all the Chinese (and while we're at it - the rest of the world), I would just like to apologise for my country's pathetic performance at the closing ceremony of the Olympics. I don't know what they were thinking, but if they can't come up with something in a totally different league, then there isn't much hope for 2012 being anything to get excited about. Sorry again.
Aug 24, 2008 17:02
  • XIAOYA
hehe!~ you don't have to appolgize~ I enjoy the london bit as much as the whole cermoney~ best wish for london in2012~!
Aug 24, 2008 20:19
GUESTROOOD2222 hehe!~ you don't have to appolgize~ I enjoy the london bit as much as the whole cermoney~ best wish for london in2012~!

hehe! just don't cry.
Aug 24, 2008 20:28
  • APAULT
I think Sydney had the same problem. But the Olympics and teh ceremnoies were excellent.

On the other hand I read that London has no intention of matching China's expenditure on the OG. China officially spent A$42 billion!! I think London has capped its expenditure at A$ 19 billion, Sydney spent 'only' A$7 billion.

(For GB pounds, halve that number, for US$, take off about 10% from those numbers)
Aug 24, 2008 21:46
  • SHESGOTTOBE
What’s with the self-beating in this thread?

Anyway, it’s a breath of fresh air that London is not planning to spend a lot of money. I’m sure a successful Olympics can still be held. Ah... I wish they can bring back the spirit of the Ancient Olympics.

Ehem… Alan, yooohooo! You there? Prepare for some TCG members crashing in your place in 2012. LOL!
Aug 24, 2008 22:12
  • DODGER
She, I think you may be missing the humour.
I thought that Baron was hilarious; I also think that it was ten quid well spent.
Pity the bloke from London couldn’t do his jacket up though.
They should open with the singing of “rollout the barrel” by the Pearly King and Queen…
Cheers, Dodger.
Aug 24, 2008 22:51
  • BARONTWANGLE
Good to see that someone got the humour. However, it really was embarrassing. In 8 minutes we showed the world that we are a city of people who cannot find a good tailor or hairdresser. We showed the world that we have buses! We showed the world that we have a total lack of musical talent, so much so that we had to wheel out (literally) an aging rocker and an unknown singer. We then showed China that we too can ride bicycles and push to get onto public transport. Then to finish, out came the umbrellas to remind everyone that it will probably rain every day during the 2012 Olympics, so leave the sunglasses at home. Just as I thought it couldn't get worse, at an after show publicity party (attended by the Prime Minister, Scruffy Mayor, and lots of other so called important people who eagerly jumped at the opportunity of a free trip to Beijing) a promotional video of London was shown. It featured a photo of a woman called Myra Hindley who is a convicted child murderer!

So the message is - Bring your own suit, umbrella, and soundtrack, but leave the suncream and kids at home.

Welcome to London.
Aug 24, 2008 23:20
  • LEONARDO
London showcased its modern face during the 8-minute-performance. It is all about the pop culuture: breakdance, hip-pop and rock and roll. I'd rather listen to the Scottish 'Auld Lang Sang'. The "umbrella part" is good and useful tip for traveling to London.
Aug 24, 2008 23:23
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Nooo!!! I'd rather see men in skirts. O_o
Aug 25, 2008 09:12
  • CARLOS
What´s wrong with Jimmy?
Well, maybe England have not brought nothing special after him?

Yea, Alan, maybe better You reserve some tables for us from your pub.

Carlos
Aug 25, 2008 15:04
Well I might be moving to East London sometime soon, so I will on the doorstep to hopefully see my daughter run for Britain.
Alan
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: I am so sorry!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code