Menu
I am so sorry!
Aug 25, 2008 21:59
  • JIMMYB
What´s wrong with Jimmy?
Well, maybe England have not brought nothing special after him?

Carlos, I am here. To be honest, I am a little bit disappointed by London's 8 minutes performance. I thought that David Beck would show his free-kick skill to us. But he didn't. He just kicked the football. As for the Rock song and guitar performance, I am not fond of it. It is said that Beyonce will have had sung at London's 8 minutes performance. But she didn't appear. As for that male guitar player, I don't know who he is. Forgive my ignorance. What impressed me most was that red double-decked bus. It could transform, hehe. One thing that I couldn't understand is that why that little girl walked on these men's back into the bus. When she gave the football to David Beck, she knelt down and gave the football to Beckhame. Why did she kneel down? Anyway, it was expensive too, costing 2 million pounds.
Aug 26, 2008 03:32
  • BARONTWANGLE
Jimmy. Why would Beyonce sing at a show to promote London? She is from Texas! Don't ask to be forgiven for not knowing who that old man with the guitar was - he was in a famous rock band in the 1970's but has done absolutely nothing since. I really don't know what they were thinking about. All the other points you raise are just as much a mystery to me. It was truly terrible.
Aug 26, 2008 04:47
  • JIMMYB
Baron, I just heard that Beyounce would sing at London's 8 minutes performance, However, it was not her but another female pop star (I don't know her name). By the way, I am afraid that I misunderstood Carlos. The old man with the guitar was called Jimmy too.
Aug 26, 2008 15:27
Jimmy.
The old guy Jimmy Page is the founder member of Led Zeppelin one of the greatest rock bands ever, the girl singer won a TV talent show and had a number 1 in both the UK and the US, she is from Hackney, London which is one of the boroughs being used for the Olympics in 2012.
I was disappointed with the performance too but didn't want to try and outshine China did we? I'm only joking as we woud have no chance of doing that!
Alan
Aug 26, 2008 20:13
  • JIMMYB
Haha, I have the same name as that famous rock star. I feel very honoured. However, I have never heard Jimmy Page before as well as that girl singer. Maybe, they should let Victoria sing at the show.

Alan, I didn't try to outshine China. Many people are worried that London will bear much pressure from Beijing. Anyway, we will see the opening ceremony of London Olympics four years later. Then we might make a comparison.
Aug 26, 2008 21:00
  • BARONTWANGLE
Jimmy - My explanation will be slightly different from Alan's but thought I would give you a couple of opinions to choose from. Led Zeppelin were a great rock band, however, please notice the use of the past tense "were"! They have done nothing in the past 30 years, and only people who remember them from their successful days can get excited about them now. The vast majority of people couldn't give a toss. Considering London has said these games will be a reflection of modern youth (ie - knife crime, muggings, graffiti, and dressing poorly) then choosing an aging rocker was a very very strange idea. Even if there was justification to go back to the 1970's to dig someone up, they could have found much better world recognised people. And what did that song "A whole lotta love" say about the London 2012 Olympics? They should have got Dame Shirley Bassey singing "history repeating" to recognise that this is the third time London has hosted the games. They could have had a long list of past athletes who have achieved great success. Some of them are dead now, but they could have incorporated them in a video (Roger Banister running the first sub 4 minute mile, etc). Instead they dragged a guy and his guitar out of retirement, accompanied him with a Kareoke competition winner to sing some bad vocals, and got a few kids to jump around in a badly choreographed manner below them as they waved umbrellas and pushed and shoved to get onto a bus (maybe that was an ironic joke aimed at the Chinese!). It was nothing but a national disgrace.

As for our Mayor of London... Well I really need to apologise for his behavior. Obviously no one told him that it is seen as rude and a lack of respect to not button your suit jacket in China. He was trying to be "Modern and contemporary" but failed spectacularly. He should have done his research, and I hope someone has since bought this to his attention.

I am truly sorry again to everyone, and if there is anything I can do to make it up to you (come round to clean your house, wash your car, etc) then let me know.

Baron

Aug 26, 2008 21:28
  • DODGER
“I am truly sorry again to everyone, and if there is anything I can do to make it up to you (come round to clean your house, wash your car, etc) then let me know.:
Barron, you can start with shouting us all a beer.
Cheers, Dodger.
Aug 27, 2008 03:37
  • BARONTWANGLE
Sure - Tennants or VB ok for you?
Aug 27, 2008 04:24
  • DODGER
Cheers Barron,
In this case a Newcastle Brown might be more appropriate.
Dodger.
Aug 27, 2008 06:34
  • BARONTWANGLE
Where do I send it? I feel it is the least we (as a disgraced) country can do. I will apply for a grant from the Olympic budget to cover my outlay.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: I am so sorry!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code