Menu
What jobs are available to Americans in China?
Oct 2, 2009 14:46
GUEST13075 KFC could work.. but probably not voting ballot counter, lead-in-paint inspector, or human rights worker..
Jan 10, 2010 13:01
GUEST04190 Hello,
I can only suggest you try to do what I plan to do to move to china.
I plan to start the TESL/TESOL or TEFL/TEFOL which shouldnt take too long to finish maybe 3 months. I plan to visit china for my birthday in july to visit friends and have a vacation for the first time in my life but will spend most mornings applying for work.Think manpower is in china too,its a temperary agency.Rt now I am working 8hrs a day for a hammock company in NC and manpower have me working 10hrs a day at DSM,which has a sister plant in china.
I suggest trying the teaching thing even if you hate the idea.
I am often told my english is bad eventhough I'm born american and never left the country...I have a big tongue and nose which makes my speach alittle wierd. I am terrified I'll screw the kids up or not get the chance to teach coz of my voice,but willing to try for atleast 1 contract which last 6months to a year.I will use that down time to learn chinese and a few other languages so after the contract ends I can seek other work that wont require teaching so no one gets a bad teacher.
I plan to purchase the rosetta stone software for spanish,japanese,& chinese so wont have to struggle with the tutors in china...maybe after the contract I can get a job as a translator for customer service where just talk by typing. Who knows just know life in china would be sooo much better and exciting that louzy greenville NC USA
k i'm not a member here so if you want to reply just do so to gmail.com|dragonext
thanx
Feb 6, 2010 07:16
GUEST12550 lolol...had a good chuckle on the KFC one though!!
Feb 27, 2010 11:42
GUEST17197 Not every job at a fast food joint is in the kitchen or at the cash register. Some management jobs pay very well, except that you'll need to speak Chinese.
By the way BARONTWA - what do you do for living?
Mar 20, 2010 02:51
GUESTSACTPAM... I am trying to put together a weekly newsletter for Sr.Citizens in the New York area. I am senior citizen, and don’t have the resources to bring on a writer for any extended period of time, but was hoping someone could direct me to a good place to find a temporary and reliable labor source? Any help you can provide is really appreciated...
Apr 22, 2010 14:46
GUESTASTOXIA... hello

just signed up and wanted to say hello, Im looking to build my network up by finding people with drive and enthusiasm

• How many people do you know who use the phone, switch on a light, turn on the oven or use the internet? The Utility Warehouse is not asking people to spend extra money on services they do not normally use, they are simply offering the same services but with one major difference - they offer far better value! You will be tapping into a market where people and businesses are already spending many billions of £’s a year.

• Every time your customers make a phone call, switch on a light, turn on the heating or surf the net, you could be getting paid.

• Anyone who wants to earn some money and has drive and enthusiasm can become successful with Telecom plus.

• The residual income you build will continue to be paid as long as your customers continue to use these services, and that could be long after you have stopped building your Telecom plus business!

• Telecom plus provides a unique support and training programme, which includes a comprehensive package of manuals and marketing materials, provides everything you need to start building your own successful Telecom plus business. Initial training for all new Executives is provided free of charge at over 20 training centres throughout the country

• The more successful and prosperous you become, the greater the Utility Warehouse’s success, so they do everything they can to help you succeed!

so if your in the uk and want to know more please contact me, this especially to the forum master, seeing as you already have a captured audience.
May 27, 2010 00:20
GUESTFLECEFE... Hi I am currently out of work. I have searched all the job boards more times than I'd care to recall and applied to 100s of positions. However, i have not been able to find a single good response to my resumes. If anyone knows about any particular place that provides career advice, please reply me with the location details. I will be thankful to you for your early response.
Jun 5, 2010 19:50
GUEST22490 BARONTWANGLE,- OK, so I missed your humor. However, is that the best picture that you can get of yourself!?? cause it is f...ing ugly. That also includes the chinese chicks you are with. furthermore, heheheheheh, what do you do before you got the job in China? working at mc LD ? hahahahah
Jul 5, 2010 19:47
GUEST18094 I personally would fly 1/2 way across the planet to work for an american company abroad,although crazy it may be somewhat liberating,no pun intended,the adventure(short of incarseration in a Chinese prison)would be worth the price of admission,wouldnt you agree?Ill even work a menial job @McDonalds.email@rocketmail.com|genegodick and/or call@406 249-7785
Jul 26, 2010 02:48
GUEST04137 Have a standard of English, why not try teaching it in Shenzhen city of china, we need some native english speaker, keep available job to native english speaker for teaching english . our eamil is :live.cn|kindergarden just send us photo one and email then ok ! welcome to try to join us!. :)
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What jobs are available to Americans in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code