Menu
Beijing to tianjin by Fast train Fare(30 min)
Nov 24, 2009 17:03
GUESTJADE Hello...
I will stay in Beijing for 3 weeks from 6th-24th Dec, and I have another 10 days on my own after that. I plan to see Tianjin, Hangzhou and Shanghai. I have this plan in mind:
- 25th-26th Dec: Beijing-Tianjin by bus/bullet train, back to Beijing by bus/bullet train (I leave my belongings in Beijing to minimise hassles). Any cheaper option?
- 26th-29th Dec: Beijing-Hangzhou by flight, because I will have 1 big and 1 small luggage bag with me from now on. Any recommended sites for cheap domestic flights? Stay in Hangzhou
- 29th Dec-3rd Jan: Hangzhou-Shanghai by train. Stay in Shanghai for New Year. I assume it would be the best place to celebrate New Year if I were to choose from all the 3 places?
- Do you think my duration of stay and mode of transportation are wise?
- If you think I could do more with the number of days that I have, please suggest.
Thank you!!!
Dec 20, 2009 10:47
  • ELLYSE
Going to Tianjin for an overnight trip by C train would be my option of choice.
You might want to consider flying Tianjin -- Hangzhou in order to minimise backtracking. Another option for you to save on money and travel time would be to take overnight Z train for Beijing -- Hangzhou.
I think you could fit in perhaps a water village (eg Xitang) instead of spending 4 full days in Hangzhou. An overnight stay would be ideal.
Yes, spending New Year in Shanghai would be ideal. :)
Feb 1, 2010 23:08
GUESTIAN We will be landing from a cruise ship in Tianjin in June 2010.
1.What is the taxi fare from the wharf to the Beijing Bullet Train station or is there a shuttle bus from the wharf?
2.We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in the Chongwen District. Which is the nearest station to the hotel which is served by the Bullet Train?
Feb 2, 2010 05:42
  • ELLYSE
There's no such thing as "Beijing bullet train station", please.
Do you mean Tanggu train station or Tianjin train station, both of which have C trains (your so-called "bullet trains") to Beijing? Tanggu is closer to the cruise port, about 20+ RMB by taxi.
You don't have a choice of where to catch the C train. They only run from Tanggu and Tianjin train stations, to Beijing South train station.
If you have any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.
Feb 8, 2010 09:04
GUESTNEIGUO HI, JUST SAW THIS AND THOUGHT ITS VERY HELPING TO MY QUESTION,
I WILL BE COMING TO PICK SOMEONE FROM THE PEK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND I AM COMING FROM TIANJIN. I AM A STUDENT AND I THOUGHT USING THE TRAIN WILL HELP ME SAFE SOME MONEY. IS THERE A SUBWAY FROM THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY STATION TO THE AIRPORT [PEK]
THANK YOU
Feb 8, 2010 11:29
  • ELLYSE
Please do NOT type in all capital letters. This is the online equivalent of yelling, and very rude!
There's actually a direct bus from Tianjin to Beijing airport. This bus takes 2.5 hours to get to Beijing airport and costs 70 RMB.
Departures are at 0400, 0500, 0600 and then every half hour till 1830.
This is the place from where the bus departs in Tianjin: 南开区红旗路与鞍山西道交口处天津天环站
Mar 3, 2010 08:38
GUEST29596 hii, can anyone let me know about the taxi fare from beijing airport to Tianjin.
Mar 21, 2010 08:27
  • ELLYSE
I would estimate perhaps 350-500 RMB.
Nov 18, 2010 09:53
GUESTONG hi am travelling by air asia to tianjin on 20dec..how do i travel to beijing? by bullet train? how and where i can get the ticket? cna buy on spot? or do i book in advance? what is the cost per person?how long is the journey and how far is tianjin from beijing?tq
Nov 20, 2010 20:56
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTONG

hi am travelling by air asia to tianjin on 20dec..how do i travel to beijing? by bullet train? how and where i can get the ticket? cna buy on spot? or do i book in advance? what is the cost per person?how long is the journey and how far is tianjin from beijing?tq

You are right. Bullet train is the best choice. There are many bullet trains between Tianjin and Beijing. The train departs every 15 minutes. You needn't buy the train ticket in advance.

You can take airport shuttle bus to Tianjin Railway Station. It just costs 10 yuan. The bus runs from 6:00-19:30. After you get to the railway station, you can buy your ticket in the station.

Ticket price: 69 yuan for first class and 58 yuan for second class.

The distance between Beijing and Tianjin is about 120 kilometers. It just takes around 30 minutes if you take bullet trains.

Page 6 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Beijing to tianjin by Fast train Fare(30 min)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code