Menu
transportation from beijing to tianjin
Aug 22, 2012 21:14
GUEST23660 Is it better to go straight to the Great Wall from the Tianjin Port, or do we have to pass Beijing anyway on the way from the port to the Great Wall?
Aug 22, 2012 21:46
GUEST432432
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST23660

Is it better to go straight to the Great Wall from the Tianjin Port, or do we have to pass Beijing anyway on the way from the port to the Great Wall?

If you want to visit Great Wall in Beijing, you need get to Tanggu Railway Station and then take high speed train to Beijing South Railway Station.

Check this page and decide which part of Great Wall you are going to visit:http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china_great_wall/scene/beijing/

Then I can help with you the transportation.

Sep 3, 2012 02:16
  • ANDYROID
Hi Guys,

It will be my first time to travel China solo. I was hoping to get your help about travelling from Beijing to Tianjin.

I'm scheduled to arrive Beijing Capital International Airport (BCIA) Terminal 2 at 00:05AM midnight of Sunday (Sept. 9). I plan to go to Tianjin Binhai Area at noon on the same day preferably by high speed rail. I understand that I have to go to Beijing South Railway Station if I was to take the high speed rail to Tianjin. Here goes my questions:

1.) Where do u suggest I spend the rest of the morning? Does Beijing Airport provide comfy enough seats to sleep in? If not, any decent lodging you can suggest preferably in between the airport and South Railway station?

2.) Is High speed rail the best transport option if I'm going to Tianjin Binhai area?

3.) Where can I find the high speed train schedules from Beijing to Tianjin?

4.) I will be at Tianjin Binhai for a conference but I'm planning to go on some side-trips. Where is it best to shop for bargain finds? Is it worth the effort to travel down to tianjin city center?

5.) I'm booked at Holiday Inn Binhai Tianjin but I'm willing to change if you guys have better suggestions for accommodation near Binhai International Convention and Exhibition Center.

Thank you guys in advance for your replies!
Sep 29, 2013 00:28
GUESTIRIS Hi I will be travelling from Beijin to Tianjin by high speed train in Oct / Nov 2013 ?

How frequent is the train ride ? Travelling time in Hour for one way ?

May I have the street name of both the Beijing and Tianjin railway station ?

Thank you

Sep 29, 2013 00:52
GUEST7885 GUEST23660,

1. There are three trains that depart from Tanggu to Beijing at 09:24, 11:14 and 12:04. I don't know if you can take any of the three trains.
2. There must be official cabs at the Tianjin Port. Just be aware that some drivers might ask for higher price since you are a foreiger who is not familiar with Tianjin.
3. It costs around CNY 91 by taxi from the port to Tianjin Railway Station if the driver takes the shortest route. Of course no traffic jam is considered.
Page 6 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: transportation from beijing to tianjin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code