Menu
Can China host the World Cup?
Sep 9, 2008 04:10
  • DREAMLIFE
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 5 vote(s)
  2. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Can China host the World Cup?

Why do I raise this question? Recently, two guys, a well known sports editor and a famous soccer commentator, has made a debate on this issue. The sports editor believe that tho host the world cup can benfit Chinese soccer very much. If China can host the World Cup, soccer will be greatly promoted in China so that more young Chinese guys will love playing soccer. Then there is a hope for Chinese soccer. However, the soccer commentator doesn't think so. To host the world cup is just to burn the taxpayers' money. If the current management system and leadership can't be changed, there is no hope for Chinese soccer.

Personally, I agree with the soccer commentator. Just see what our national footballers did. Before the match, they went to find call girls. When the match began, they were so tired to run on the football field. When this was reported, they wrote a self-criticism that they didn't find prostitute. They said that they just had a shower in the hotel. Yes, they just stayed in the room for 30 minutes. What do we expect them to do in 30 minutes?
Sep 9, 2008 11:54
  • CARLOS
Hehe, I will no answer, only vote.

I did vote yes; next possible World Cup is far in the future. Technically China would not have problems.

Carlos
Sep 9, 2008 20:19
  • JIMMYB
My answer is "No". I agree with the soccer commentator that we shouldn't burn the taxpayers' money. The best way is to disband Chinese men's football team. China's blind men's team even plays better than them. Just look at China's women's team, their salaries are 1000 yuan per month but they play very well, at least, better than those Chinese guys. The male footballers earn a very good salary but played too bad.

As for the scandal, I think that guy's self-criticism is very interesting. If they really wanted to have a shower, why did they need girls to accompany them?
Sep 13, 2008 16:21
Jimmy, I think China will one day have a team to be proud of and will host the World Cup.
Alan
Sep 14, 2008 00:48
  • DODGER
I voted yes to China hosting the WC as it would expose the rest of the world to China and vice versa.
The national team just needs to play more international game to be able to get the experience.
My only concern would be the behavior of the football fans visiting!
I wasn’t aware of the team scandal with the girls though as I don’t follow the code but it sounds like a beat up to me.
Dodger.
Sep 17, 2008 04:42
  • BBQQ
Well, to host the World Cup is possible. I just don't want to see China eliminated in the first round. That is shameful. As for those fans, I don't see them cry again and again.

Post a Reply to: Can China host the World Cup?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code