Menu
Is she a ‘garbage picker’?
Sep 9, 2008 22:15
  • SUMMERSNOW
Nowadays, the news media are no longer reliable. Fake news spread on the internet. Recently, a reporter in China’s largest online community Tianya.com made up a story about “a garbage picker”. The story intended to make the heroine famous. In the article, the girl was portrayed as “a garbage picker” who was said to be virtuous. It was reported that she finished her schooling through picking garbage to pay the tuition. After graduation, she couldn’t find a job and refused to be “ kept as a mistress to a rich man”. Instead, she lived on picking garbage. After the author of the report post the picture of the girl, Chinese citizens doubt the authenticity of the report. Judging from her dressing and makeup, do you believe she is “ a garbage picker”? Obviously, some reporters want to make the girl famous through work out the sympathy from the general public. Is she a ‘garbage picker”?

She is riding a bike on her way to collecting garbage.

Sep 9, 2008 23:05
  • JCNILE123
Do not look like one!
Sep 9, 2008 23:14
  • JIMMYB
Definitely not. She looks well maked-up. This photo might be edited with photoshop.
Sep 10, 2008 01:39
  • WANHU
She maybe a garbage collector, and she maybe not but perhaps we do not judge a book by its cover. I am not sure about China, but many people collect "garbage" in my areas, including aluminium cans, papers, etc. and sell to appointed recycling agents, and some of them are well-dressed. I have done this before, and it somewhat has helped me through my tertiary education.
Sep 10, 2008 02:09
GUEST8288 WANHU, don't be naive. The girl dyed her hair. Don't you know it costs a lot to dye the hair in China? Her clothes look shining. I guess her clothes are much expensive than mine.
Sep 10, 2008 05:24
  • DODGER
She doesn’t appear to have the complexion of someone who works out side either.
The thumb on her left hand shows a well manicured nail as well.
It’s a posed shot.
Dodger.
Sep 10, 2008 08:34
  • JCNILE123
(((The thumb on her left hand shows a well manicured nail as well.)))

He, he, Dodger,
You really check her up well.
Good job!
Sep 10, 2008 11:25
  • LIONPOWER
Any way, we are lucky to see a pretty girl.
Sep 11, 2008 21:02
  • ICEBLUE
She should change her clothes before the posed shot. She is a stylish clean 'garbage collector'.

'Any way, we are lucky to see a pretty girl.' "We"? Don't include me. For me, it's unlucky to see a so-called "good-looking girl" cheat on people. Birds of the same feather flocks together.
Sep 13, 2008 19:03
  • LIONPOWER
Honey always attracts bee's not flies.
Sep 13, 2008 20:29
  • MARRIE
Garbage picker? I want to be one of them. in the country I live, Garbage picker is gov. job with high salary and benefits. I hear Italian dominate in this profession and they protect their dominance by introducing ONLY Italian and blocking outsiders.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is she a ‘garbage picker’?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code