Menu
Shenzhen Airport- sleep there or good transport in/out city?
Sep 15, 2008 00:52
  • LESPORTY
I am flying into Shenzhen airport, arriving about 11.10pm.I will be flying out from Shenzhen to Beijing the next morning at 7.30am. It would seems unnecessary to get to SZ city, stay a night & get back to the airport a few hours ago. I need advice on the following:

1) is it possible to spend a night at the Shenzhen Airport? Anyone has any experience to share?
2) failing that is there a cheap and convenient bakpacker hostel that I could stay for that few hours, considering I will get into the city pass midnight by then?
3) are transport to/fro the airport to city reasonably convenient at those times?

I appreciate insights from all on the above and related. Thanks.
Sep 15, 2008 20:20
  • WANHU
If your ETA is 23:10 means (probably) after passport and luggage clearance about 1-2 hours, you will be out of the airport around 12 midnight or 1 am. The nearest hotel will be in Fuyong, but public bus stops its service around 23:00. Taxi is always available. Walk-in for a cheap hotel will be around USD10-15 then you need to take taxi with a midnight charge. You need to be two hours earlier before departure, that will make you sleep or rest only about four hours or so and with your condition you may not wake up on time and may miss your flight. The best and cheapest way though not very convenient, just stay at the airport and there are lots of benches or chairs for you to rest. Before, the airport authority did allow.
ii) Sunmoon Inn is not far from the airport. You may book online; go to: http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/china/shenzhen/16118/ for further information.
iii) From the hostel, take green taxi with minimum charge from 7RMB while maroon/red taxi is 12.50RMB
Sep 15, 2008 20:27
  • LESPORTY
Thanks for your reply.that's what I planned to do- rest & sleep at the airport.I just do not know if they will allow me to do so.
Sep 15, 2008 22:34
GUESTKYRAKA Hi, I want to go to Shenzhen via Hongkong 1) Do I need the visa?(Thai Passport) Can I apply at the immigration check point? and How much for the fee 2) Are there Hostels in Shenzhen ( nice , clean and budget)? TXS
Oct 25, 2008 00:12
  • ELLYSE
AFAIK, you need to apply for a China visa in advance; there's no visa-on-arrival at the immigration checkpoint.
Yes, there's a hostel in Shenzhen called Loft IYH: http://www.yhachina.com/ls.php?id=63
Dec 27, 2008 05:04
GUEST14236 how do i get from shenzhen Airport to guangzhou Airport
Dec 28, 2008 01:09
  • ELLYSE
No direct transport links. Perhaps take a bus from Shenzhen airport to downtown Guangzhou, then a taxi or airport shuttle to Guangzhou airport.
"Best" would depend on how many people you are, how much luggage you have and what time you're arriving at Shenzhen airport.
Post a Reply to: Shenzhen Airport- sleep there or good transport in/out city?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code