Menu
its easy to misunderstand someone 65 years old,yes!
Sep 15, 2008 09:56
  • BLUEYANKEE44
It appears that something is wrong.Is it possible to misunderstand someone who is
twenty,thirty,fourty years older than you.Is it also possible for someone only five and ten years of age difference not to understand the 65 years old persons.Does this mea
n its okay to neglect this person,or its okay to reply with insults to a older person.
Does a younger person have to acknowledge the older person with respect?
Sep 15, 2008 20:38
  • WANHU
Mostly in forum, people are strangers and do not look at age of that person but what he writes. If he writes well and others agree, they will treat him well with due respect. Sometimes some netters like to have fun by trading insults, which to one person may be unbecoming but not to others. People differ, and we cannot make them to like us all the time. Try to be polite to others and they will be polite to you.
Sep 15, 2008 21:56
GUEST41951 As one gets older, the hearing gets worse. Some people in their 60s and 70s cannot hear high frequencies, thus they cannot differentiate words well. This doesn't mean they are stupid, they just have trouble hearing. You should speak slowly, clearly, and at a good volume (not very quiet) and face the person directly. This will help them understand you, and you will be surprised at how well they might speak back to you!
Sep 17, 2008 07:53
  • APAULT
Respect has to be earned, it does not come with age or because of ones work seniority. Custom and protocol may require us to be subservient based on such sconditions, but thgat does not mean we have respect. This seems contrary to the standard Chinese view where age and seniority should be respecteed in themselves. Actually I don't think it is: where a boss is incompetent people do NOT respect him, though they might have to pretend they do (Hey Mr Dean at my last college, are you reading this ? :) )

So if you someone feels they are not being respected, maybe it is a reflection on themself.
Sep 17, 2008 08:52
  • BLUEYANKEE44
This a a good answer from all of you.Its really appreciated.In some ways,we get caught in the moment.Things happen,and sometimes,we find our lives have changed
direction,in the middle of the night .Sometimes,it is not always apparent that we have lost communication,and nothing has changed,except us.Sometimes,its a pers
onal change,and when added to the other portions of our immediate losses,in life.Maybe us older people become lost,and perhaps confused,of family and friends.We
realize that our lives are more than half over,and after beating the odds,we find the odds,are closing in. Its like these forums,which are studied more closely now and
seeing how different each are,and the way the people are.Things are coming together,and now,even I can see the productivitity,which with you two,has proved effect
ive,in comparision. Thanks. Perhaps,now,its easier to be productive,in a genuine manner. Basic people,as I am,I find it hard ever to lie,so this old man,(heheehe!!!)
is approaching a new understanding of discussion,and discussing things,and enjoying the other forums,which is great,and a better learning site,which has real life
discussions,and in many respects,in very raw taste,and its entirely much different than here. Thanks. Relearning and receiving new tools,for a better life.
Post a Reply to: its easy to misunderstand someone 65 years old,yes!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code