Menu
Romantic meal
Sep 17, 2008 16:36
  • DAVEC
You have invited your lovely lady/man around for dinner, you want to cook something special to impress them.
What would you cook?
Sep 18, 2008 02:45
  • BBQQ
Davec, if I were you, I would cook some my specialties and some dishes that she likes.
Sep 18, 2008 05:48
  • BARONTWANGLE
Dave - you have suddenly gone all romantic in your posts - what's happening?! Have you pulled recently? Is she (or he!) Chinese?

Anyway, to answer your question.... it is not the food which makes a meal romantic, but the setting and atmosphere. I can make beans on toast seem romantic if you give me a budget! However, best to avoid anything such as spinach which can get stuck between your teeth, or anything that might cause flatulence (so that's the Beans on Toast off the list then!). Also, make sure you cook too little rather than too much, as the feeling of being too full afterwards is hardly going to bring out tiger in someone. Go for a chocolate dessert to fill any gaps, and to add another aphrodisiac into the equation (well every bit helps). Afterwards, go for a romantic walk to get some fresh air (not available in China) and then return home to watch a thriller. The reason for this is that she (or he!) will want to get close and huddle up during the scary parts.

Then when the movie is over, it will be late, she (or he!) will be too scared and tired to go home, and the only thing to do will be to take her (or him!) to bed, and make the neighbours call the police.

It's a tried and tested formula which has worked wonders for me in the past (with a she!). I am however very handsome and an Olympian between the sheets, so maybe it will be different for others.

Good luck. Let us know if you get issued with an ASBO.

Sep 18, 2008 12:03
  • SETH
Barontwangle's advice is quite good! Especially about no beans. You could include no brussels sprouts and no cabbage, too. I cannot imagine Barontwangle, the very handsome between-the-sheets Olympian, wrestling with amorous intentions and gas -- not a pretty picture.

Also, what I enjoy so much about this Barontwangle post is his modesty! heh heh
Sep 18, 2008 16:42
  • DAVEC
Baron is indeed wise in the ways of the women. Mind you he doesnt give any evidence that he has been succesful.

To answer your question, yes some romance and love has now crept into my life. I promised the lucky lady that I would cook for her.
Sep 18, 2008 19:03
  • DODGER
Step #1, clean out your bedroom and make sure you have clean sheets. Remove any dirty cloths from your bathroom and clean the bath etc. Check that there is nothing left in the cabinet from an old GF.
Place an intelligent looking book on your bedside table with some bookmarks to make it look like you have been reading it.
Step #1a, make sure your date drives to your place.
Step #2 clean table cloth and matching cutlery. If you don’t have any borrow them.
Step #3 order a three course meal from a good restaurant.( Greek works for me) First course soup, second course something really simple followed for desert by a fluffy cake. Remove all evidence that they have been delivered. Place the soup in a pot and have it gently simmering on the stove .You have spent all afternoon preparing this. Wear a piney when you meet her at the door, it adds to the authenticity and also shows that you are not ashamed to be in touch with your feminine side.
Step #4, Music and lighting. No bright lights and loud music. Classical guitar works for me.
Step #5, a glass of Champaign and then ask her to stir the soup while you check the main course that is in the oven (this adds to the storey that you have been working at this all afternoon)
I am presuming that the kitchen is spotless with some freshly cut flowers in a vase in a prominent place.
The desert can be disguised by adding a cherry source and some fresh cream. Again, make sure that all packaging has been removed. Don’t put any boxes’ etc in your tidy bin, it may be found.
If you choose a cheap red to go with the main course decant it. This saves time and hides the fact that you are a cheap skate. By the time you start drinking it the three glasses of Champaign will mask the fact that it is just cheap Spanish plonk.
By the end of the meal She should be over the limit to drive.
Further notes: make sure your playboys magazines are all stored away along with your collection of adult movies. Check your DVD player to make sure you have not left a DVD of the “footy tour “on it.
If you have a pet have a friend look after it for the evening. If She starts sneezing because of dog or cat hairs your evening is over. Snot will kill any romantic moment.
This may not be the time to introduce your special toys. Leave them until a later date.
Good luck.Dodger.
Sep 18, 2008 22:27
  • JIMMYB
Wow, you guys are really good at creating romance. Baron and Dodger, excepting having romantic meal, do you have any other romantic tips?
Sep 18, 2008 23:03
  • BARONTWANGLE
JimmyB - I have many, but I charge for information!

Dodger - good advice, but not sure freshly cut flowers will go well in Dave's caravan!

Sep 18, 2008 23:03
  • DODGER
Jimmy, as with most things it’s 80% planning and 20% action.
As the Barron has mentioned, the food is not that important, it’s the mood that you create that will bring you closer to your goal.
Unlike the Barron, I’m just a mere mortal in the bedroom, lasting at best a miserable 30 minutes.
I can only stand back in awe.
Dodger.
Sep 19, 2008 07:34
  • BARONTWANGLE
Dodger - I've got a few tips to pass on to allow you last longer. One would be to print out a photo of Dave Coleman and keep it beside your bed. Just when you think you can last no more - look over at Dave and I guarantee at least another 12 minutes will be added. Just repeat until your partner can take no more (Usually around the 2 hour mark I find).
Sep 19, 2008 09:19
  • DODGER
I owe what limited success I have to date with my chemist (god bless him)
I will certainly be adding a photo of Mr. Coleman to my bedside table. That extra 12 minutes could mean the difference between a gold and an also ran and booking in for a bypass.
I remember the gypsies coming to town: after they had left there wasn’t a flower or stray dog or a cloths peg to be seen in miles. Perhaps they just sold the lot to Dave?
What more romantic a site than to have Dave’s’ caravan covered in flowers.
Something from Keats comes to mind in describing a young maid tripping on down the path in a cotton dress full of expectation to her first date……with Dave.
I just hope she doesn’t leave disappointed.
Dodger.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Romantic meal
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code