Menu
Surname and First names are switched in Airline ticket! Ahh!
Sep 22, 2008 03:31
guest62204 My Uncle is travelling to Shanghai,China from South America. I have a relative in China and have told her to help my uncle purchase to fly from Shanghai to Beijing taking China Southern Airlines.

I gave her my Uncle's name (Im gonna provide a fictional example: John Jabob Lee). Lee is the Last name.

On the ticket, it says John/Jacob Lee. I think it's supposed to be Lee/ John Jacob! The travel agent needed his passport number and it correctly appears on the e-ticket. Will the name be a problem? Im getting worried and I dunno if I should tell my uncle! I have told my aunt and she isnt responding!!
Sep 22, 2008 04:24
  • BARONTWANGLE
Yes this will be a problem. You need to change the name on the ticket. The fault lies with your relative in China whose responsibility it was to check the details of the ticket were correct at the time of issue.

If you don't change it then your uncle could (not definitely) be stopped from travelling. I know it seems stupid, as it is obvious the ticket name is your uncle's, but airlines are under strict rules to make sure the ticket name and passport name match exactly.
Oct 25, 2008 02:20
  • ELLYSE
Correct. Get it changed to LEE/JOHNJACOB.
Oct 25, 2008 03:35
  • WANHU
Domestic flight not so strict. I used to have my name written as Wan only by a travel agent on my way from Shenzhen to Pudong, using CS flight, and I was able to check-in without hassle. That was last year. Maybe this time the airport authority is stricter.
Oct 26, 2008 01:24
  • ELLYSE
Definitely much tighter than last year!!
Post a Reply to: Surname and First names are switched in Airline ticket! Ahh!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code