Menu
British kids are ignorant of the nation's history
Oct 1, 2008 08:10
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"He who controls the passed controls the future."

I assume you mean past. Exactly how do you control the past?

Oct 1, 2008 08:10
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh I get it now. You mean manipulate History. *snicker*
Oct 2, 2008 20:02
  • REMAG1234
Does anyone realize that the problem lies with The LIBERAL Elitist School Teachers. It is not just England, but the world over. History books are rewritten to suit the Liberal Agenda. Here we call it the Dumbing Down of America. Conservative student views are demeaned and the students are given failing grades from the Liberal Professors. Rather than go on and on I'll wait for the responses.
Oct 3, 2008 19:56
  • YINDUFFY
A book was published titled "Lies my history teacher taught me". I was fortunate to attend a lecture the author gave. History text book sales to schools are profitable for the publishers. School boards choose which book will serve their district. The contents are tailored to the district. For example, a textbook used by a Southern U.S. state would not say that the American Civil war was about slavery: It would say the war was fought over "States rights".
Remag is right. The vast majority of teachers have a Liberal political slant. Revisonist history is the norm now in schools. They rebel against teaching the history in traditional ways because they see that as just tales dead white men. They reach for the exceptions. They will teach about Emilia Erhart but not about Jimmy Dolittle. They will teach about the 54th Massachusetts Infantry ( all black) in the Civil War but not teach about General Phil Sheridan.
I give history presentations and the listeners are amazed at the stuff they didn't learn in school.
Oct 3, 2008 22:45
  • DODGER
Sounds about the same as in Australia were each State has its own curriculum.
The Government did have a proposal to have a uniform national curriculum so that when student moved from state to state they would not be at a disadvantage but is was blocked by the Teachers Federation.
A well know Australian historian who’s books were popular with the left has since his death been found to have received an award from the USSR and has also been found to have been a communist party member, which I might add was funded and controlled from Moscow.
It does appear that the majority of teachers unions in the West have a left leaning view. And they wonder why they have lost respect.
Dodger.
Oct 5, 2008 20:46
  • LEONARDO
Young kids' ignorance of history is commonplace in China. Though the government rules history as a compulsory course at school, a great number of history teachers seem to lack the power to make the subject interesting. So it is common to see students dozing off at history teachers' class.
Oct 10, 2008 00:10
  • JOSHIRV57
I am thouroughy amazed where some people get their information. I really like the answers from some of these people.Its lucky,to come to this site.maybe I can
learn a few things,and improve my mind.
Oct 10, 2008 00:13
  • JOSHIRV57
Hi Seth,how are you.I am new to this Forum.Can you show me around and introduce me,to the forums most active users.There appears to be many of them on
certain topics,and they all have something to say. They seem friendly,are they?
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: British kids are ignorant of the nation's history
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code